Finnally some oversight

evince

Truthmatters
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...ewsletter&wpisrc=newsletter&wpisrc=newsletter

This should be punished as harshly as possible.

We cant let this just pass.

The Senate moved yesterday toward asking the Justice Department for a criminal investigation of a $10 million legislative earmark whose provisions were mysteriously altered after Congress gave final approval to a huge 2005 highway funding bill.

In what may become the first formal request from Congress for a criminal inquiry into one of its own special projects, top Senate Democrats and Republicans have endorsed taking action in connection with the earmark that Rep. Don Young (R-Alaska), former chairman of the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, inserted into the legislation.

I just cant believe there is any American that would defend these actions.

Im sure one of the Republicans here will prove that wrong.

I AM REALLY JUST BLOWN AWAY NO ONE CARES ABOUT THIS ISSUE

I'm glad the guy got caught and hope he gets punished as much as the law will allow but you are trying to make this out to be some HUGE scandal which it isn't.

I'm glad the guy got caught and hope he gets punished as much as the law will allow but you are trying to make this out to be some HUGE scandal which it isn't.

Cawacko you’re not mad at me for saying you don’t know your ass from a hole in the ground, are you? I didn’t mean it in a bad way.

Just earmarks and pork stuff , we know Republicans do not care about that.

Stevens is a acceptable target by both parties since he is going down anyway.
Just a sacrificial dog an pony show though. No real trend towards cleaning up corruption in congress.

Just earmarks and pork stuff , we know Republicans do not care about that.

Stevens is a acceptable target by both parties since he is going down anyway.
Just a sacrificial dog an pony show though. No real trend towards cleaning up corruption in congress.

This is their other Senator, Don Young.

did you even read it?

This is far worse than just an earmark This is fraud the the republicans ignored it for two years.

Bush signed the damned thing.

It is stealing money from the American people and running roughshod over our constitution.

The republicans in office just ignored this and investigated nothing.

did you even read it?

This is far worse than just an earmark This is fraud the the republicans ignored it for two years.

Bush signed the damned thing.

It is stealing money from the American people and running roughshod over our constitution.

The republicans in office just ignored this and investigated nothing.

You definitely win the dramatic award. It was $10 million. Congress pisses away billions so it's not surprising $10 million doesn't make the top of the agenda. And no one ran roughshod over the constitution. The dude broke the law and needs to be (and will be) punished. I hope he sees jail time.

But the partisan dramatics aren't needed here.

When has some added to a bill AFTER it has passed the house and senate?

Dont you get how fucking blatent a subverting of the people that is?

Then the fucking republican party in charge did NOTHING to him for it.

When has some added to a bill AFTER it has passed the house and senate?

Dont you get how fucking blatent a subverting of the people that is?

Then the fucking republican party in charge did NOTHING to him for it.

The dude got caught and is going to be punished. Would you like to see him hung? I won't argue if yes.

What did the Democrat Party do to "catch" him?

They are having it investigated by the DOJ.

What did the republican congress do about it?

They had years to act on it.

desh

i can only hope that whoever is responsible winds up in a world of hurt :pke:

earmarks/pork are an illness from which our republic may not recover unless they are eliminated and made illegal - i.e., pass a law against them

Back