Five Percenters

cawacko

Anyone here familiar with Five Percenters? As I understand it it's a black nationalist group influenced by Islam founded sometime in the '60's in NYC. This being a Flashback Friday I heard the classic Brand Nubian song from 1990 called Wake Up this morning thus the topic being on the brain. At the start of the video they make reference to Five Percenters and use the phrase (in reference to Grand Puba) about "this brotha has knowledge of self". I remember kids in high school saying that to each other (around the time this song came out), they would say "this is Damon, this brotha has knowledge".

This song is a classic as well as kind of informative/educational about the Five Percent Nation and what they stand for. Curious if anyone has more info on them or their beliefs or have studied them at all. Edit: I rarely hear any reference to Five Percenters today but I know we have some posters who were around in the '60's so curious if you recall them being discussed back then.

No, but I’ll Google it for you (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five-Percent_Nation)

Now, big day tomorrow, one team bowl bound, the other, well, we’ll just leave it at that, so should I take the three and half or pick your team?

If you were in New York at the time and didn't hear anything about them then maybe they weren't that big. Might just be a hip hop thing.

I usually take the underdog in rivalry games. We have our stud Freshman QB Jaxson Dart making his first start so I'm expecting big things (check out what did in the game against WSU after Slovis went down, dude is a straight baller.)

If you were in New York at the time and didn't hear anything about them then maybe they weren't that big. Might just be a hip hop thing.

I usually take the underdog in rivalry games. We have our stud Freshman QB Jaxson Dart making his first start so I'm expecting big things (check out what did in the game against WSU after Slovis went down, dude is a straight baller.)

It's just something that originated from Elijah Muhammad and Malcolm X. Muhammad Ali promoted it I believe.

I didn’t do that.

suaoki_s670-678-1_678x452.jpg

My boss is Irish.

93848327-male-worker-on-electric-pole-fixing-broken-wire-in-thailand-dangerous-and-risky-work-.jpg

Don’t over charge it. It’ll warp and leak. I work right there on the corner.

How long did run before charging it. Only a couple of months.:rolleyes:
I’m a engineer in the union.

Little is big in New York beyond twenty four hours, what is click today becomes a cliche tomorrow, too much happening too fast

And based on USC performance this year, especially recently, I’d give you the three and half points

I hate how stubborn coaches are. He should have started against Notre Dame, and Brian Kelly should allow the sophomore Drew Pyne to start over the underwhelming 5th-yr senior Jack Coan. Coan has zero upside, and Pyne is still developing, but, has been better in limited snaps.

I hate how stubborn coaches are. He should have started against Notre Dame, and Brian Kelly should allow the sophomore Drew Pyne to start over the underwhelming 5th-yr senior Jack Coan. Coan has zero upside, and Pyne is still developing, but, has been better in limited snaps.

As the late great Al McGuire once said, "stick with the girl that you bought to the dance"

There’s Ethernet for my Euro peeing vacation

SSPP5000-3.jpg

Nahh that’s a cheap one.

Thats the cheap one. It pops in and with a magnet.
Get extra batteries. Another camera to be used as a
charging port. Just pop it in and out from the magnet
that it’s secured too.

d69814d2b8bf3af083304cc5a617f176.jpg

I just stood there and watched.

In your typical idiotic posts ... you said that.

Since you lack reading comprehension ... go look up what I said ... until then, buzz off.

Relax then tell me what is your problem. You said Wallace Fard was a white guy. He wasn't.

You are such an idiot ... and will NEVER ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG. ... so go ahead ... anyone reading this thread will get the point.

Back