Flashback: Eric 'Payback' Holder said gun owners should cower in shame like smokers

Pointgold

Keeps It Simple
The hot new video at MRCTV.org is 1995 footage of Attorney General Eric Holder, when he was the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia. In his remarks before the Woman's National Democratic Club, broadcast by CSPAN 2, Holder said people should be ashamed to own guns, just the way that cigarette smokes now "cower outside of buildings" to smoke.

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we’ve changed our attitudes about cigarettes. You know, when I was growing up, people smoked all the time. Both my parents did. But over time, we changed the way that people thought about smoking, so now we have people who cower outside of buildings and kind of smoke in private and don’t want to admit it.” Laughter followed. (Video below)

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb-sta...ners-should-cower-shame-smokers#ixzz2HavKZkva

I just picked up a new gun last week and proud of it.

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we’ve changed our attitudes about cigarettes. You know, when I was growing up, people smoked all the time. Both my parents did. But over time, we changed the way that people thought about smoking, so now we have people who cower outside of buildings and kind of smoke in private and don’t want to admit it.”

Best idea ever.

The hot new video at MRCTV.org is 1995 footage of Attorney General Eric Holder, when he was the U.S. Attorney for the District of Columbia. In his remarks before the Woman's National Democratic Club, broadcast by CSPAN 2, Holder said people should be ashamed to own guns, just the way that cigarette smokes now "cower outside of buildings" to smoke.

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we’ve changed our attitudes about cigarettes. You know, when I was growing up, people smoked all the time. Both my parents did. But over time, we changed the way that people thought about smoking, so now we have people who cower outside of buildings and kind of smoke in private and don’t want to admit it.” Laughter followed. (Video below)

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb-sta...ners-should-cower-shame-smokers#ixzz2HavKZkva

I just picked up a new gun last week and proud of it.
Well they can't get laid or educated either. More reason to cower.

"What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we’ve changed our attitudes about cigarettes. You know, when I was growing up, people smoked all the time. Both my parents did. But over time, we changed the way that people thought about smoking, so now we have people who cower outside of buildings and kind of smoke in private and don’t want to admit it.”

Best idea ever.
His little rant was almost 20 years ago, and not much has changed has it?

Face it, giving up freedom will never be 'hip' in this country.

Now here's my confusion, and like most things that confuse me about liberals, it's in combination with their other policies. You guys want the war on drugs to stop right? You say it costs too much money, isn't effective and is in breach of basic rights. And yet, you want to open up another war on guns, which would cost more money, would be less effective, since gun nuts are crazier than druggies and more numerous, and would be in breach of constitutional rights.

Where's the consistency here guys? Either do less freedom or more, but pick a side.

Now here's my confusion, and like most things that confuse me about liberals, it's in combination with their other policies. You guys want the war on drugs to stop right? You say it costs too much money, isn't effective and is in breach of basic rights. And yet, you want to open up another war on guns, which would cost more money, would be less effective, since gun nuts are crazier than druggies and more numerous, and would be in breach of constitutional rights.

Where's the consistency here guys? Either do less freedom or more, but pick a side.
Did you pass high school math, if so compare murder rates for uk vs usblowuaway

I think you're confusing the right with the left. Only the right thinks in black and white, the left thinks in shades. To put it another way, it's extremes vs. common sense.

The so-called "War on Drugs", btw, was the brainchild of one Nancy Reagan, so your premise is already moot.

Additionally, nobody wants to end the "War on Drugs", some people (right and left) see the inefficacy of marijuana use laws and other drug charges that are ineffectual and merely crowd our prisons. A better "War on Drugs" is through education, reform, and rehabilitation.

Yet the is some commonality between the "War on Drugs" and what you call the "War on Guns".

Both have killed millions of people over the years. The "War on Drugs" has succeeded to some extent in that it has drastically reduced both drug and alcohol use among our young, thus reducing the number of people killed.

More common-sense gun regulation, education, and training should do the same and will save thousands more lives as assault weapons are removed from the hands of those who shouldn't have them.

I think you're confusing the right with the left. Only the right thinks in black and white, the left thinks in shades. To put it another way, it's extremes vs. common sense.

The so-called "War on Drugs", btw, was the brainchild of one Nancy Reagan, so your premise is already moot.

Additionally, nobody wants to end the "War on Drugs", some people (right and left) see the inefficacy of marijuana use laws and other drug charges that are ineffectual and merely crowd our prisons. A better "War on Drugs" is through education, reform, and rehabilitation.

Yet the is some commonality between the "War on Drugs" and what you call the "War on Guns".

Both have killed millions of people over the years. The "War on Drugs" has succeeded to some extent in that it has drastically reduced both drug and alcohol use among our young, thus reducing the number of people killed.

More common-sense gun regulation, education, and training should do the same and will save thousands more lives as assault weapons are removed from the hands of those who shouldn't have them.

and I didn't think it was possible for you to attain a higher state of stupid

And you expect me to believe you(americans) will do better with gun laws than yo did with drug laws?

Did you pass high school math, if so compare murder rates for uk vs usblowuaway
Use math to tell us what happened in the UK post disarmament of the population?
Murder rates did what?

Gun crime rates did what?

Mass shooting rates did what?

Numbers of police officers killed by gunfire went up or down?

Never are these questions answered!!

Becsuse the answer is inconvenient to the dogma of the obamacult.

Use math to tell us what happened in the UK post disarmament of the population?
Murder rates did what?

Gun crime rates did what?

Mass shooting rates did what?

Numbers of police officers killed by gunfire went up or down?

Never are these questions answered!!

Becsuse the answer is inconvenient to the dogma of the obamacult.
Your a British fag raising hillbilly kids

Dirty immigrant, we have 4x the murders in the country you couldn't cut in!
Yup not arguing that, my poor semi literate retard!

What you refuse to accept is that when guns were banned in the UK there was an explosion in every type of crime, violent, gun, home, sexual the lot.

Care to address that?
Or will you stick to pointless attacks and irrelivant abuse?

Back