Floppy Discs Control Nukes

Phantasmal

Harris/Walz
Staff member
I thought they were slow about emails, this really surprised me.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense-news/techwatch/2016/05/26/us-nuke-force-still-uses-floppy-disks-watchdog-says/84965454/

It shouldnt. It's a product of the procurement process.
Sounds silly but they are actually more secure this way. There's no hacking them.

No replacements and floppies don't last forever.
It's time but let's hope they don't connect those computers to a network.
Let's hope that Hillary Clinton doesn't have anything to do with them, otherwise she would have them controlled by a server in her toilet!

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

Right now, due to a security flaw discovered in flash drives, the military won't touch them. If I walk a flash drive into my unit and plug it into anything other than the PS3 in the break room, I will be in no small amount of trouble.

http://www.howtogeek.com/203061/don’t-panic-but-all-usb-devices-have-a-massive-security-problem/

Yes and for good reason. Try to use a high end Husqvarna sewing machine without its dongle (their term for a flash drive not mine) and see how far you get.
Hardware + software. Makes all the difference.

A lot of government agencies use really outdated technology, because the costs of security checking newer technology and such are to high. For that matter a lot of businesses use really outdated technology as well, for things like their internal company websites.

A lot of government agencies use really outdated technology, because the costs of security checking newer technology and such are to high. For that matter a lot of businesses use really outdated technology as well, for things like their internal company websites.

ThreeDee can't get a job in the private sector, so he was unaware of that fact.

Hell NASA often uses decades old processors in its probes and such. It takes a long time to get special radiation hardened versions of chips necessary for doing work in space.

Hell NASA often uses decades old processors in its probes and such. It takes a long time to get special radiation hardened versions of chips necessary for doing work in space.

ThreeDee didn't know that either. No wonder he's a government employee abusing the public trust by posting on JPP while he's supposed to be working.

What a taker.

Back