Florida Sen. Rick Scott Says He Will Vote Against Recreational Pot After Brother's Death

Hume

Verified User
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Republican Sen. Rick Scott of Florida says he'll be voting in November against a ballot amendment to legalize recreational marijuana in his state, a deeply personal decision based on his brother's long history of addiction.

“People end up with addictive personalities, and so he did,” Scott said in an interview. “It messes up your life, and so that’s why I’ve never supported legalization of drugs.”

I don't think pot causes "addictive personalities". I think genetics does that. Upbringing might have something to do with it as well.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Republican Sen. Rick Scott of Florida says he'll be voting in November against a ballot amendment to legalize recreational marijuana in his state, a deeply personal decision based on his brother's long history of addiction.

“People end up with addictive personalities, and so he did,” Scott said in an interview. “It messes up your life, and so that’s why I’ve never supported legalization of drugs.”

There’s a lot of money in keeping marijuana illegal

My state made it legal. I partake, but less than I did when it was illegal. Then you were sticking it to the man. Now, just smoking pot.
I never liked it much, but it being illegal is very stupid. Conservative politics.

Weed reeks,....it stinks like hell actually. Problem is people who smoke it a lot get used to the smell, it gets on their clothing and they dont realize that they stink like hell too. Its an offensive smell like bad B.O. Dont you guys ever wonder why it is that when you are around certain people that they kind of have a funny look on their face? Its because you frikkin REEK! Like GREASY REEK. Wow,...grow up! :sick:

Weed reeks,....it stinks like hell actually. Problem is people who smoke it a lot get used to the smell, it gets on their clothing and they dont realize that they stink like hell too. Its an offensive smell like bad B.O. Dont you guys ever wonder why it is that when you are around certain people that they kind of have a funny look on their face? Its because you frikkin REEK! Like GREASY REEK. Wow,...grow up! :sick:
Weekly users do not usually smell, and of course edibles users do not smell.

It used to be pot smokers were considered unfocussed, and so bad employees. We now have some of the richest people in the world doing interviews smoking pot. Times are changing.

What is a real turn off to employers (in white collar jobs) is tobacco use. I have seen several people completely mess up any chances by being smokers.

The scent of burning pot smells good to most people.

Fuck the non users.

They stink like beer farts.

Pot smoke smells better than cigarette smoke, that's for certain.
Cigarette smoke sucks too. BTW,...not all non pot smokers drink beer. Some drink mixed drinks,...others dont drink at all. Pot reeks,....period,...end of story. It stinks like shit. Dont blame me,...Im not the one who made it stink.... :laugh:

Cigarette smoke sucks too. BTW,...not all non pot smokers drink beer. Some drink mixed drinks,...others dont drink at all. Pot reeks,....period,...end of story. It stinks like shit. Dont blame me,...Im not the one who made it stink.... :laugh:
Well, the smell of oil, gasoline, burnt rubber and fat, sweaty, beer belching rednecks stinks too.

But look at the crowds that turn out for NASCAR events....

a311fa_a3558da22a2b4df79232ba695f5b1a9c~mv2.jpg

To each their own.

When I walk my dog across a busy street, as we wait for traffic to clear, I can smell the weed smokers as they drive by. Yeah, it has a strong smell. I am for complete legalization. Not anti at all.

By that logic, Scott should be in favor of prohibition. I haven't seen him come out in favor of that. I wonder why?

When I walk my dog across a busy street, as we wait for traffic to clear, I can smell the weed smokers as they drive by. Yeah, it has a strong smell. I am for complete legalization. Not anti at all.
In a way I am for complete legalization too. Just makes the competition that much weaker. ;) C'mon people! Inhale that shit long and strong! :cool: Wake and bake all you want to........

:evilnod:

Back