For the Love of God......stop the steroid inquiries

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/02/27/clemens.steroids.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Congress asked the Justice Department to investigate whether Roger Clemens "committed perjury and made knowingly false statements" to a House committee.

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee chairman Henry Waxman and ranking Republican Tom Davis sent a letter to Attorney General Michael Mukasey on Wednesday. The two said Clemens' statements in a Feb. 5 sworn deposition and at a Feb. 13 public hearing "that he never used anabolic steroids or human growth hormone warrants further investigation."

I don't give a rats a$$ if he did or even if he lied. This is like some warped legalized entrapment case. They can't get them on actual use, so they try tio get them to lie under oath. Why can't they plead the 5th when they are testifying before congress.

It is amazing that some of our elected officials could be so obsessed with this kind of stuff with all that they should be tending to. I want the cheaters to get what is coming to them but it isn't important enough to me to have a Justice Dept. investigation. Don't they have better things to do?

It is amazing that some of our elected officials could be so obsessed with this kind of stuff with all that they should be tending to. I want the cheaters to get what is coming to them but it isn't important enough to me to have a Justice Dept. investigation. Don't they have better things to do?

What? you mean like trying to solve the housing fiasco, ending the war, repairing international relations, securing our border, streamlining government departments, staving off a recession and inflation, getting oil prices under control, or making sure that airport security isn't so porous anymore?

Nah...........its a lot easier to grandstand on stuff like this. You don't actually have to have any results or be beholdend to any tangible accomplishments. You get your name in the press and you get to hear your fullwinded self-centered egostical self speak while scapegoating the baseball industry. its a win-win .

Hey guys, I think we should raise the penalty of doing crack to 5 years...

What? It's already 30?

I guess it's back to more steroid investigations then.

Anytime a citizen lies to investigators it's a big deal, while agents of the state are permitted to lie regularly and under oath, with no consequences whatsoever.

There is a shitload of people in jail for systematic lying in Mississippi. 20 years of it and no one bats an eye, but we can focus attention on sports.

http://www.slate.com/id/2184798/pagenum/all/

Anytime a citizen lies to investigators it's a big deal, while agents of the state are permitted to lie regularly and under oath, with no consequences whatsoever.

There is a shitload of people in jail for systematic lying in Mississippi. 20 years of it and no one bats an eye, but we can focus attention on sports.

http://www.slate.com/id/2184798/pagenum/all/

I'm glad I wasn't born black here. It's really not a good place to be at all. Mississippi is the most backward state. Or maybe Alabama? They pretty much tie.

Personally, I couldn't care less if pro athletes uas perfomance enhancing substances. They should be doing everything they can to better themselves and their performance so I fail to understand why this is an issue. Steroids are not illregal, are they? If MLB makes rule against them, then MLB should deal with it, not the US government.

Well said...........

Personally, I couldn't care less if pro athletes uas perfomance enhancing substances. They should be doing everything they can to better themselves and their performance so I fail to understand why this is an issue. Steroids are not illregal, are they? If MLB makes rule against them, then MLB should deal with it, not the US government.

Steroids are a controlled substance prescribed by a MD...if a person has a Rx oh well it is legal...like you said all these congressional 'gotchas' are wasting valuable investigative members who should be working on Terrorism...not athletes !

Back