for those who have not noticed

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
the recession is here - it is just a matter of time before the feds declare it so

how do i know?

$0.99 hamburgers

plus my wife was shopping for a gift for our younger daughter's birthday at a department store which was having a 70% off sale and the store was almost devoid of customers

costco, however, was doing a booming business

when sales fall off at costco, then we will know the depression has arrived

just what the reps need, a recession leading into the fall elections

oh well

ps while the results of my renal scan are not official, it does look good

Watch out Don!! The MBA's get pretty ugly when you make a forecast they disagree with! Topspin might say you have an IQ of "to", and Superfreak is gonna put you on IA!!

I don't get the $.99 hamburger reference. The dollar menu is always there...

However the other ones show a sign of it in your area. Although a sale after the biggest retail month of the year is almost always devoid of lifeforms. It's what's left that people didn't want to begin with that gets marked down to 70%.

we wont have negative gdp until either latter part of Q1 or in Q2 at the earliest. but i do think its more likely then not in 08 at this point. Todays inflation numbers tipped it over the plus 50%.

I don't get the $.99 hamburger reference. The dollar menu is always there...

However the other ones show a sign of it in your area. Although a sale after the biggest retail month of the year is almost always devoid of lifeforms. It's what's left that people didn't want to begin with that gets marked down to 70%.

d

true that the dollar menu is always there, but these are double hamburgers and advertising dollars are being spent on them

as for the usual after holiday sales, true, however, department stores are looking like ghost towns and this is in the santa barbara ca area where the median house price has gone up, principally for properties worth $1,000,000 and up

also, the item purchased was marked down from $300 to $70 - a lovely necklace and pendent

Back