For Whatever it is worth. At least he should stop lying about doing it.

Socrtease

Verified User
New Huckabee ad appeals to Christian conservatives

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- For the second time in two weeks, presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee has aired a commercial in which a Christian symbol appears in the background.

In the campaign ad, Huckabee is addressing members of the Iowa Christian Alliance, an organization whose symbol is the ichthys, which appears on a banner shown prominently at the open and close of the 30-second spot.

The ICA is an influential social conservative organization in Iowa, and Huckabee can be seen speaking about his opposition to abortion before the group.

The ichthys, which resembles a fish, is well-known in evangelical circles as the symbol used by early Christians to secretly identify one another without attracting persecution.

The Huckabee campaign unveiled this ad and another on its campaign Web site Monday afternoon, hours after the former Arkansas governor reversed course and decided against airing a negative campaign commercial targeting rival Mitt Romney, former governor of Massachusetts.

"Our Values" is airing in Iowa, while "Tax Cuts Matter" is airing in New Hampshire, according to the campaign.

"The purpose of these ads is to highlight the things that truly matter -- while underscoring my conservative record of leadership and my vision for America moving forward," Huckabee said in a news release Tuesday announcing the ads. "As we enter the closing days of the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucuses, there are a lot of things being said on television and sent to mailboxes across the Hawkeye State. I urge Iowans to look beyond the rhetoric and seek the truth about my record and optimistic plans for our nation's future."

Iowa will hold the first presidential nominating contest Thursday, and evangelical conservatives are an important voting bloc in the caucuses. Fiscal conservatives play an influential role in the Republican primary in New Hampshire, which will take place next week.

the rest is here:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/01/huckabee.christians/index.html

Christianity
The Belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so that he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Well, its a crude and impolite way of saying it, but yes, that is technically what I believe. Of course, not all Christians would claim to believe in the eating of the flesh part, but many of them are dumbasses afterall (as with any group of people).

His signature is wrong, either way. I don't symbolically eat His flesh-- I eat bread that turns into His literal flesh. :)

This guy is the most disingenuous politician I have seen. Pretending he isn't doing that crap on purpose and then "showing" an ad to the press so it would get free airtime then pulling it because he thought it was "wrong".

This guy is the most disingenuous politician I have seen. Pretending he isn't doing that crap on purpose and then "showing" an ad to the press so it would get free airtime then pulling it because he thought it was "wrong".

It’s really sad because though I would never have voted for him and always understood he was off his rocker with that religion stuff, I thought he was real.

It’s really sad because though I would never have voted for him and always understood he was off his rocker with that religion stuff, I thought he was real.
True. I will not vote for another solely religious conservative, ever. However I thought he was real, suddenly he starts gaining in the polls and starts pulling obvious stunts like this and pretending I am too stupid to see it.

True. I will not vote for another solely religious conservative, ever. However I thought he was real, suddenly he starts gaining in the polls and starts pulling obvious stunts like this and pretending I am too stupid to see it.

He wasn't pretending you were too stupid to see it. He was counting on it.

How 'bout let's just not vote for him. We have already seen what a solely religious conservative will bring us and it ain't pretty at all.

Criticize those other policies then. If you want to expose evangelicism as noahide brainwash, that's fine, but this mindless bashing is beneath you.

Criticize those other policies then. If you want to expose evangelicism as noahide brainwash, that's fine, but this mindless bashing is beneath you.
Rubbish. It isn't mindless. Mindless is pretending you don't see his disingenuous politicism of the religion. Don't be a tool.

Rubbish. It isn't mindless. Mindless is pretending you don't see his disingenuous politicism of the religion. Don't be a tool.

It is mindless.

He's not "politicizing religion". That's rubbish, though it sounds nice.

Don't be a whole set of craftsmen.

When Gandi was asked what he thought about christianity in America he answered " I think it would be a good idea"

Im so very tired of christians not following their own teaching and acting like Huckabee yet still thinking they are better than me.

It is mindless.

He's not "politicizing religion". That's rubbish, though it sounds nice.

Don't be a whole set of craftsmen.
That is idiocy, of course he is politicizing his religion as well as using the press to present his ad while pretending he didn't want you to see it.

The guy is all grease and nothing more than that. It's like watching some idiot sell snake oil as a cure all. Either you are one of those too stupid to see how stupid he thinks you are, or you are pretending because you want some evangelical man to make a tool of our nation while doing nothing about the border and spending like LBJ.

That is idiocy, of course he is politicizing his religion as well as using the press to present his ad while pretending he didn't want you to see it.

The guy is all grease and nothing more than that. It's like watching some idiot sell snake oil as a cure all. Either you are one of those too stupid to see how stupid he thinks you are, or you are pretending because you want some evangelical man to make a tool of our nation while doing nothing about the border and spending like LBJ.

Of course, your assertions are mere idiocy. If you have a problem with his spending policies, deal with that.

Of course, your assertions are mere idiocy. If you have a problem with his spending policies, deal with that.
I can handle more than one thing at a time. Apparently you can't. And you don't even stay consistent.

His "noahide" tendencies, being an evangelist, must really rankle you. Of course you ignore the direct attempt to make you see past that, and to attempt to make you think Gawd Has Blessed Him, with props in ads... (This must be the target of the ads, he can't even admit it's there!)

I can handle more than one thing at a time. Apparently you can't. And you don't even stay consistent.

His "noahide" tendencies, being an evangelist, must really rankle you. Of course you ignore the direct attempt to make you see past that, and to attempt to make you think Gawd Has Blessed Him, with props in ads... (This must be the target of the ads, he can't even admit it's there!)

I consistently want to discuss evangelicism and it's noahide tendencies. I don't want to keep certain aspects of a politicians being off the table based on bogus assertions of "the politicization of religion". You just don't like his spending but are willing to bash christianity if you think it'll get you "anti-huckabee" points with liberals. That's the real truth here, spanky.

if you want to discuss what's really wrong with christianity. DO that. If you want to discuss spending, do that.

Just do it my way.

I consistently want to discuss evangelicism and it's noahide tendencies. I don't want to keep certain aspects of a politicians being off the table based on bogus assertions of "the politicization of religion". You just don't like his spending but are willing to bash christianity if you think it'll get you "anti-huckabee" points with liberals. That's the real truth here, spanky.

if you want to discuss what's really wrong with christianity. DO that. If you want to discuss spending, do that.

Just do it my way.
It is not "bashing" Christianity itself to point out how he is being disingenuous and using the credulity of believers in those ads. It is pointing out how he runs a campaign distracting from his many downsides to convince people he is "blessed" somehow more than other candidates because of his religion.

Back