forecloseurs are up for March over the 07 numbers

Yep we are not halfway down yet and the feds have already spent half of their balance sheet just on what they have done so far. And I am just speaking of the Federal Reserve. Not the freebie incentive handouts put on the federal credit card.

It going to be interesting to see the republican party try to blame this economy on the democrats.

Im sure they will look back and say well the dems took over the majority in 07 as if that was how this all started.

Dems do deserve some of the blame Desh. The Republicans could not have done this alone.

But I agree it will ALL be the dems fault by 2012.

It was the republican majority who were warned of the problem as it was forming.

It was the republican admin and majority who were at the last step in preventing it.

When they states tried to deal with it themselfs in a timely manner they were twarted by this admin.

They had opportunities to stop the abuse and instead worked to keep it going.

They own it.

The steps that made it possible may have some dem fingerprints on it such as Clinton signing GBL in 1999 but the people who were supposed to deal with these matters as they arrise failed and or aided this mess.

Its all on the shoulders of the people who were supposed to protect us and instead protected the short term gain of their party.

renting will be a good thing to be in for awhile. There is a whole generation fo kids who will be terrified to buy a home for a long time.

renting will be a good thing to be in for awhile. There is a whole generation fo kids who will be terrified to buy a home for a long time.

No way. Over the long haul homes have increased in value and most people don't want to raise their kids in urban condo buildings.

It was the republican majority who were warned of the problem as it was forming.

It was the republican admin and majority who were at the last step in preventing it.

When they states tried to deal with it themselfs in a timely manner they were twarted by this admin.

They had opportunities to stop the abuse and instead worked to keep it going.

They own it.

The steps that made it possible may have some dem fingerprints on it such as Clinton signing GBL in 1999 but the people who were supposed to deal with these matters as they arrise failed and or aided this mess.

Its all on the shoulders of the people who were supposed to protect us and instead protected the short term gain of their party.

If it will help Desh I will offer the Democratic Party full immunity. They are responsible for nothing. It is off limits for Republicans or Independents to attempt to place any blame or fault or responsibility with the Democrats. Hopefully that will ease your mind. :)

Houses are more flexable as an investment I think.

There is a generation of kids growing up right now who were tramatized by watching their family or someone they know lose a home. They will be very wary of lenders, realtors and banks. They will fear they have to have a law degree to understand the contracts they have to sign.

They will fear the market.

I only lived in an apartment with my parents.

In a house you can be noisier and have a private yard to party in.

You rent out the rooms to your buds and its cheaper for everyone than an appartment.

For the land lord its easier to sell when you want to move on.

I subscribe to the Rich Dad Poor Dad doctrine. YOUR house is NOT an investment in the true since of the word. You continue to poor money into it and get no return. Now Top has the idea. Investiment properties are the way to go. Until I got divorced and had to sell my shares, my ex wife, her parents, brother and I owned 6 rental properties. We had a duplex, we had an 8 unit apartment, and 4 single family dwellings. Every 6 months or so we could squirrel away enough money to buy something else on a real estate contract and add to the rental income. That is the way buying dwellings is an investment.

I agree you cant think of the house you live in as an investment.

But you can do like I did and not sell your old house when you move on. Keep it and rent it out and make some bucks while someone else pays off your mortagage. When me and my hubby retire we will sell our "home" and move to the rental live there two years and then sell it. Tax free appreciation on two houses.

I agree you cant think of the house you live in as an investment.

But you can do like I did and not sell your old house when you move on. Keep it and rent it out and make some bucks while someone else pays off your mortagage. When me and my hubby retire we will sell our "home" and move to the rental live there two years and then sell it. Tax free appreciation on two houses.

Yep, that Desh is a real retard alright.

Back