Former classmate recalls Trump shooter grilling him over support for former POTUS: 'Did not like politicians'

ExpressLane

Verified User
EXCLUSIVE: BETHEL PARK, Pa. – A former classmate of would-be assassin Thomas

Matthew Crooks says the 20-year-old gunman once mocked him over his support of former President Donald Trump and had a general disdain for mainstream politicians across the political aisle.

"I brought up the fact that I'm Hispanic and, you know, I'm for Trump. And he said, 'Well, you're Hispanic, so shouldn't you hate Trump?'" Vincent Taormina told Fox News Digital Tuesday. "No. He's great. He was a great president. He called me stupid – or insinuated that I was stupid."

It happened during a discussion in an English class during the 2016 campaign, he said. Trump, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders were all still in the race.
"He just did not like politicians, especially with the choices that we had," Taormina said. "He did not like our politicians."

Taormina that Crooks was usually quiet, except on certain topics that he seemed passionate about, including math and politics. And on those issues, he could be "smug [and] arrogant," he added.

He would just talk, talk and act like he knew everything, especially politics related, and he would say it in a tone that was like, 'I'm better than you,' in a type of way," he said.

He also pushed back on reporting that Crooks was a complete loner. He had a friend group, he said, although it was both small and concerning.

"They were definitely the type, and they did, make threats to shoot up our school," he said.

Although he and other classmates suspected Crooks himself was behind a threat, he said he had no firm proof. But after the threat came in, the future would-be assassin didn't return to school for a few days.

Crooks, 20, killed a 50-year-old father of two named Corey Comperatore, critically wounded David Dutch, 57, and James Copenhaver, 74, according to authorities. He struck the former president in his right ear......
================================

Does not sound like he was a Republican.

GSbYIu-XQAA0fug

Matthew Crooks says the 20-year-old gunman once mocked him over his support of former President Donald Trump and had a general disdain for mainstream politicians across the political aisle.

"I brought up the fact that I'm Hispanic and, you know, I'm for Trump. And he said, 'Well, you're Hispanic, so shouldn't you hate Trump?'" Vincent Taormina told Fox News Digital Tuesday. "No. He's great. He was a great president. He called me stupid – or insinuated that I was stupid."

It happened during a discussion in an English class during the 2016 campaign, he said. Trump, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernie Sanders were all still in the race.
"He just did not like politicians, especially with the choices that we had," Taormina said. "He did not like our politicians."

Taormina that Crooks was usually quiet, except on certain topics that he seemed passionate about, including math and politics. And on those issues, he could be "smug [and] arrogant," he added.

He also pushed back on reporting that Crooks was a complete loner. He had a friend group, he said, although it was both small and concerning.

"They were definitely the type, and they did, make threats to shoot up our school," he said.

Although he and other classmates suspected Crooks himself was behind a threat, he said he had no firm proof. But after the threat came in, the future would-be assassin didn't return to school for a few days.

Crooks, 20, killed a 50-year-old father of two named Corey Comperatore, critically wounded David Dutch, 57, and James Copenhaver, 74, according to authorities. He struck the former president in his right ear......

Just for the record, why is it so important for you to know whether he was a Republican of Democrat?

What would that prove to you either way?

I know several Republican Friends of mine that have said they think Donald Trump is an idiot that does not share their Christian values- and said he was an embarrassment to them personally.

2 of them are in my band!

Just for the record, why is it so important for you to know whether he was a Republican of Democrat?

What would that prove to you either way?

I know several Republican Friends of mine that have said they think Donald Trump is an idiot that does not share their Christian values- and said he was an embarrassment to them personally.

2 of them are in my band!
He proved he hated Trump(Anti Trump) 5 days ago!!!

Last edited:
Wow...A piece of paper from 2 yrs ago says he was an R

But his actions from 5 days ago say he hated Trump just like u and the Dims do
So what is all the fuss about?

I think you are trying to make more out of this that what is there!

This is why people like you and Crooks, who have emotional problems, should not have easy access to guns!

Imagine that...

His voter registration says he was a registered republican

Yes like it is SO DEPENDABLE in a state where thousands of Democrats registered as Republicans to vote against Trump and bragged about it. This kid gave his widows mite earmarked for Progressive causes. I have never heard of a "progressive" Republican. I have heard about millions of Progressive Democrats. And of course Crooks shot Trump because he loved him. Guano you are so desperate you are devoid of logical thought.
Imagine that...
Surprising I know. :laugh:

It sounds like Crooks was the bully.

Back