Former House Republican Tears Into Kevin McCarthy For 'Frightening' Trump Defense

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
Former Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) said House Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s melodramatic reaction to Donald Trump’s latest indictment showed the “frightening” lengths Republicans will go to in order to please the former president’s base.

In a press conference ahead of Trump’s arraignment last week, McCarthy, a California Republican, forcefully criticized the move, pointing to Democrats including Hillary Clinton and Al Gore who previously questioned the outcomes of elections they lost.

“Were any of them prosecuted? Were any of them put in jail?” McCarthy asked. “You shouldn’t be prosecuted for your thoughts.”

Clinton and Gore conceded their elections, and Trump is being prosecuted for much more than thoughts. Last week’s federal indictment accuses him of leading an elaborate conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election, ultimately leading to a violent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Sanford called his former colleague’s comments “pure theater” in an interview with CNN on Thursday.

“They both conceded those elections,” he said, referring to Clinton and Gore. “And to compare that, somehow, with folks storming the Capitol, breaking into a building where I worked for 12 years of my life, is an absurd comparison.”

“But it shows the danger of Donald Trump in my mind, because what it says is somebody as highly elected as Kevin McCarthy will twist himself in knots to stay relevant with the Trump base,” Sanford continued. “And to me, that’s frightening for the way that it undermines the very tenets of open and free elections.”

https://news.yahoo.com/former-house-republican-tears-kevin-140609940.html

Why do you lie so much?

CNN

President Donald Trump conceded publicly for the first time Thursday that he will not serve a second term, stopping short of congratulating President-elect Joe Biden but acknowledging a transfer of power is now underway.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/poli...tol-electoral-college-insurrection/index.html
He is the only loser to not concede in American history. A concession is not only admitting you lost, but it requires a congratulation for the winner and almost all said they will provide any help he may need. The American peaceful turnover of power was admired across the world. Trump fucked that up too. He is a disaster in everything he touches.
He did not concede. He found out that he was being thrown out of the Whitehouse so even he realized a new power was coming in. Saying he will not serve a 2nd term is not a concession.

Why do you lie so much?

CNN

President Donald Trump conceded publicly for the first time Thursday that he will not serve a second term, stopping short of congratulating President-elect Joe Biden but acknowledging a transfer of power is now underway.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/poli...tol-electoral-college-insurrection/index.html

And the article you posted continues:

"A White House adviser in discussions with senior officials said Trump recorded the video only because his presidency is threatened by looming resignations and potential impeachment.

“I think that video was done only because almost all his senior staff was about to resign, and impeachment is imminent,” the adviser said.

“That message and tone should have been relayed election night … not after people died,” the adviser added."

It's so sad that haters of Biden and defenders of criminal trump need to take things out of context to support their hatred. The only one lying here is you. And gaslighting.

He is the only loser to not concede in American history. A concession is not only admitting you lost, but it requires a congratulation for the winner and almost all said they will provide any help he may need. The American peaceful turnover of power was admired across the world. Trump fucked that up too. He is a disaster in everything he touches.
He did not concede. He found out that he was being thrown out of the Whitehouse so even he realized a new power was coming in. Saying he will not serve a 2nd term is not a concession.

No it doesn't.

There is no law saying you have to congratulate the winner.

You said he never conceded and I showed you he did.

Who ever heard of a politician trying to please their base?

Honestly, isn't that why they are elected in the first place, to please their constituents?

No it doesn't.

There is no law saying you have to congratulate the winner.

You said he never conceded and I showed you he did.

Who said it was a law? It is what losing presidents do. They try to keep the government going along as it has for over 250 years.
Other politicians cared about how America was run and had respect for the way we turn over power. Trump was not charged with anything. It is not a crime to be an egomaniac who does not care about the country.
No, he did not concede. He showed no respect for how the peaceful turnover is done. It was bully baby sef serving Trump ignoring protocols. But what he did is not harmless. We need the next turnover to return to intelligent, respectful adulthood. Trump is a threat to anything that requires respect for others. He has none. Neither do you.

Who said it was a law? It is what losing presidents do. They try to keep the government going along as it has for over 250 years.
Other politicians cared about how America was run and had respect for the way we turn over power. Trump was not charged with anything. It is not a crime to be an egomaniac who does not care about the country.
No, he did not concede. He showed no respect for how the peaceful turnover is done. It was bully baby sef serving Trump ignoring protocols. But what he did is not harmless. We need the next turnover to return to intelligent, respectful adulthood. Trump is a threat to anything that requires respect for others. He has none. Neither do you.

So like I posted, Trump did in fact concede the election then the point was brought up that he didn't congratulate Biden.

I gave the link to his own words where he conceded, get your head out of the sand.

Are you really that brainwashed?

So like I posted, Trump did in fact concede the election then the point was brought up that he didn't congratulate Biden.

I gave the link to his own words where he conceded, get your head out of the sand.

Are you really that brainwashed?

He did not concede. That is a fact. He admitted to his people that a new person was going to occupy the Whitehouse. He hung on so long that the moving out of his stuff was going on when Biden was coming in. We all know what a concession speech is. He did not do one. You just keep lying.

He did not concede. That is a fact. He admitted to his people that a new person was going to occupy the Whitehouse. He hung on so long that the moving out of his stuff was going on when Biden was coming in. We all know what a concession speech is. He did not do one. You just keep lying.

I provided the link where he said he concedes.

Just wow.

And the president has no control on moving out his stuff. There is a moving company assigned to the WH that does it automatically on a specific date, takes them no more than a couple of hours.

There is a show on discovery channel about how this happens.

You truly know nothing.

Former Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) said House Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s melodramatic reaction to Donald Trump’s latest indictment showed the “frightening” lengths Republicans will go to in order to please the former president’s base.

In a press conference ahead of Trump’s arraignment last week, McCarthy, a California Republican, forcefully criticized the move, pointing to Democrats including Hillary Clinton and Al Gore who previously questioned the outcomes of elections they lost.

“Were any of them prosecuted? Were any of them put in jail?” McCarthy asked. “You shouldn’t be prosecuted for your thoughts.”

Clinton and Gore conceded their elections, and Trump is being prosecuted for much more than thoughts. Last week’s federal indictment accuses him of leading an elaborate conspiracy to overturn the 2020 election, ultimately leading to a violent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Sanford called his former colleague’s comments “pure theater” in an interview with CNN on Thursday.

“They both conceded those elections,” he said, referring to Clinton and Gore. “And to compare that, somehow, with folks storming the Capitol, breaking into a building where I worked for 12 years of my life, is an absurd comparison.”

“But it shows the danger of Donald Trump in my mind, because what it says is somebody as highly elected as Kevin McCarthy will twist himself in knots to stay relevant with the Trump base,” Sanford continued. “And to me, that’s frightening for the way that it undermines the very tenets of open and free elections.”

https://news.yahoo.com/former-house-republican-tears-kevin-140609940.html

You have to be surprised with how suddenly they dropped the Kraken conspiracy theory like a hot potato, and are relying on the excuse that Trump was just to stupid to recognize a preposterous conspiracy theory when some wackos presented it to him

I provided the link where he said he concedes.

Just wow.

And the president has no control on moving out his stuff. There is a moving company assigned to the WH that does it automatically on a specific date, takes them no more than a couple of hours.

There is a show on discovery channel about how this happens.

You truly know nothing.

Two choices with you, you are dishonest or stupid. I have been leaning toward dishonest. I even think posting your crap is a job. The article said Trump admitted a new admin was coming in and then said "It is as much of a concession that he is likely to give". Do you understand that is saying it is NOT a concession? It is Trumps throw-away statement about him having to vacate the Whitehouse. You are bad at reading or good at lying.

Who ever heard of a politician trying to please their base?

Honestly, isn't that why they are elected in the first place, to please their constituents?

But his constituency wasn’t large enough to win him an election

So he tried to steal that election

So he gets tried for that crime

Two choices with you, you are dishonest or stupid. I have been leaning toward dishonest. I even think posting your crap is a job. The article said Trump admitted a new admin was coming in and then said "It is as much of a concession that he is likely to give". Do you understand that is saying it is NOT a concession? It is Trumps throw-away statement about him having to vacate the Whitehouse. You are bad at reading or good at lying.

It’s either a paid human or some stupid program

If a poster is here every time you go on line you can BET it’s a program

Why do you lie so much?

CNN

That is not conceding, he’s just stating the obvious, he wasn’t going to be President on January 7th, the electoral count was official and he was done.

That is not conceding, he’s just stating the obvious, he wasn’t going to be President on January 7th, the electoral count was official and he was done.

Well no shit, that is what conceding is, stating the obvious.

What else is he supposed to do?

He admitted he lost.

Shocker

As far as the MAGA militia like “pidgin” is concerned,
There is no "MAGA militia".

Trump already won the 2024 election
The 2024 election hasn't been held yet, if at all.

cause if he doesn’t, the election was rigged and Trump won
Nah... that's the Democrat line of thinking, actually.

Sources: 2000 presidential election, 2004 presidential election, 2016 presidential election, 2018 GA gubernatorial election

Back