Former trump official regrets Trumps pardons

floridafan

Verified User
Former White House official Marc Short said he regrets working in the Trump administration because the former president pardoned violent criminals and family members as he left office.

"And when it comes to pardons, you know, candidly, one of the most unseemly parts of the end of our administration was the pardons that Donald Trump gave to cocaine traffickers, to family members, to people guilty of violent crimes," Short lamented. "And so I think we have to have a real conversation. What would people actually do with the power of a pardon?"

But I think if you look actually at even Donald Trump's record when it came to pardons, it was indefensible of people getting $750,000 to lobby us to try to gain a pardon," he added. "It's a meritorious question for all of us, how you'd handle a pardon and the power of it.

I love all the former trump sycophants who now are trying to recover their self-respect and reputations.

Too fucking late.

It’s nobody’s business who Trump pardons

Jack Smith might make it his business in his list of Trump offenses, if we are lucky.

Trump has no interest in just doing the right thing for the right reason and almost certainly was selling pardons or allowing others to, so he could benefit.

Other presidents realized the pardoning power was to right the miscarriages of justice. Trump is the first one to use the power to cover his own corrupt ass. He pulled his minions out of jail so they could not be pressured to tell the truth bout their crimes and implicate Daffy Donald.

I imagine that many of Trump’s former administration has a lot of regrets as do Republican Senators.

Back