FoxNews.com - already workin' it

Onceler

The past week, their top headline on every day has been something negative about Obama.

Today, it's "The Farrakhan Connection", basically making a connection where absolutely none exists.

The sub-head is "anti-Obama attacks focusing on endorsement," creating an endorsement where none exists.

They're already in full-blown GOP campaign mode.

Are you saying that Farrakhan didn't endorse Obama?

I agree that there is no connection, but the "endorsement where there is none" is a tiny bit confusing.

I agree that there is no connection, but the "endorsement where there is none" is a tiny bit confusing.

"Endorsement" isn't the word I'd use, no. That has connotations in the context of a modern political campaign that I don't think apply to Farakhan's praise of Obama as a small part of a speech he was giving.

The whole presentation is incredibly dishonest.

onceler, you sure do watch a lot of fox news. :eek:

I only watch Fox for the sexy cheerleader stories and stripper interviews on the O'Reilly Factor.

just kidding. someone had a post that RNC was conducting polls and focus groups to see how racist they could get on obama without crossing the line. Told you it was going down this road.

onceler, you sure do watch a lot of fox news. :eek:

I only watch Fox for the sexy cheerleader stories and stripper interviews on the O'Reilly Factor.

just kidding. someone had a post that RNC was conducting polls and focus groups to see how racist they could get on obama without crossing the line. Told you it was going down this road.

Yeah, it's crazy already. Talk radio is leading the way. It's a mob mentality at this point; I think any one of them might (and that's big emphasis on "might") feel self-conscious if they were doing it alone, but it's the ol' "I guess it's okay, because everyone else is doing it."

This ain't gonna be about the issues for them. It's going to be about an uppity black man who practices Islam & wants to abandon Israel.

"Endorsement" isn't the word I'd use, no. That has connotations in the context of a modern political campaign that I don't think apply to Farakhan's praise of Obama as a small part of a speech he was giving.

The whole presentation is incredibly dishonest.
Makes sense.

Its not that Fox is lying, it is that they clearly choose stories that could be construed as negative against Obama to be the lead, over bigger more important stories.

I hope so, but why this time and not last time?

kerry came across like a dipshit trying to defend himself. Obama is just a head above mccain in terms of his charisma.. And his campaign is very formidable in terms of responding to negative attacks.

also in terms of the American people I think they have learned from last time.

Obama matches up very well against mccain. Strong where he is weak.

kerry came across like a dipshit trying to defend himself. Obama is just a head above mccain in terms of his charisma.. And his campaign is very formidable in terms of responding to negative attacks.

also in terms of the American people I think they have learned from last time.

Obama matches up very well against mccain. Strong where he is weak.

I hope you are right, especally on the third point. Obama sure looked strong in that last exchange between him and McCain this week.

belive me... I am a right leaning biased moderate and see obama with huge potential and mccain as the bob dole of 2008.

I think there is alot of low hanging fruit obama will get just from being elected.. such as international standing, foreign investment, positive consumer sentiment..

The only place im concerned is how he will be longerterm.. can he keep the whako liberals in check or will he bow down to them and step away from his ideology that hes campaigning on. if thats the case i will be first in line come 2012 to vote him out of office.

If he is like Bush and cant keep the whakos in his party in check, Ill vote him out also.

Am I correct in assuming local Fox media is affiliated with Fox news? I have always known Fox to be the most conservative of the news media, especially in Texas. Recently, however, I have noticed that the local Fox media has really been pushing Obama ads as well as talking about him in the news. It could be the area of Texas I live in, but it doesn't AT ALL follow suit with what Fox News is doing nationally. On a side note, they are quick to point out the shortcomings of Ms. Clinton :cof1:

belive me... I am a right leaning biased moderate and see obama with huge potential and mccain as the bob dole of 2008.

I think there is alot of low hanging fruit obama will get just from being elected.. such as international standing, foreign investment, positive consumer sentiment..

The only place im concerned is how he will be longerterm.. can he keep the whako liberals in check or will he bow down to them and step away from his ideology that hes campaigning on. if thats the case i will be first in line come 2012 to vote him out of office.

I fear that Obama will be blamed for all the problems he is inheriting and the ones that caused or contributed to the problems will get back into power next time with the blame game.

I fear that Obama will be blamed for all the problems he is inheriting and the ones that caused or contributed to the problems will get back into power next time with the blame game.

That would have happened to Kerry, Bush's blame is solidifying in the brain of the average American, FINALLY!

4 years is fine with me. i have never been a huge fan of 8year presidents.

That's always the case, but I think most Americans know what Bush has wrought.

With Iraq, it won't matter w/ talk radio & the GOP. If it doesn't become a flowering paragon of Democracy, it will be because Bush didn't get a 3rd term to "finish the job," and the Dem President "pulled the rug out from success just as we were almost finished."

I watch FOX because your news is almost always going to be biased, and it might as well be blatant so they don't fool you with claims of objectivity.

Back