Funny to the Republicans whine about this.

Socrtease

Verified User
As preface to this post let me say, I know that Barack Obama had said earlier in the campaign when it was not clear he was going to be the money making front runner in the dem party that he is, that he would take public financing and now he has reversed course. That being said all I have to say to John McCain is WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

I am so glad. I was really not happy with Obama for making that statement. Here we are, finally having reversed the Republican’s traditional and considerable money advantage, and Obama is going to say, “well, now that we are the ones with the advantage, let’s give it back .” Jesus Christ. Well, McCain can squeal all he wants, and he will, but the “I was against off-shore drilling before I was for it” little piggy, has zero room to talk. Too bad.

With the Clinton and Gore money machines now behind Obama's even more formidable money machine .. there are MOUNTAINS of cash flowing to Obama.

SWEET

When your money actually comes from the people and not the monied interests you are taking public money.

He gets his money at 20 to 50 at a pop from joe dokes like me.

Hes not making most of his money through huge benifits thrown for him by the wealthy with their rich friends dropping 2000 like its a valet tip.

I can't wait for this month to be over so we can hear what the final tally is on his fund raising for June. McCain's hemmoroids should really flare at that point. Poor wittle wepubwicans getting to see what getting out spent feels like.

Here's the first reaction from the addled old short guy's camp:

""Today, Barack Obama has revealed himself to be just another typical politician who will do and say whatever is most expedient for Barack Obama," said communications director Jill Hazelbaker in a statement. "The true test of a candidate for president is whether he will stand on principle and keep his word to the American people. Barack Obama has failed that test today, and his reversal of his promise to participate in the public finance system undermines his call for a new type of politics."

Personally, I would question the judgment of a candidate who would forego 10's of millions & a huge competitive advantage because of something he filled out on a questionnaire close to a year ago. That would be idiotic, and I've had enough of idiotic over the past 7+ years to last a lifetime.

Darned flip flopper. How can I vote for a flip flopper ?

I will have go vote for McCarp flipping around on the deck like a fresh caught fish.

Here's the first reaction from the addled old short guy's camp:

""Today, Barack Obama has revealed himself to be just another typical politician who will do and say whatever is most expedient for Barack Obama," said communications director Jill Hazelbaker in a statement. "The true test of a candidate for president is whether he will stand on principle and keep his word to the American people. Barack Obama has failed that test today, and his reversal of his promise to participate in the public finance system undermines his call for a new type of politics."

Personally, I would question the judgment of a candidate who would forego 10's of millions & a huge competitive advantage because of something he filled out on a questionnaire close to a year ago. That would be idiotic, and I've had enough of idiotic over the past 7+ years to last a lifetime.
Someone call the Whammmmbulance

Back