Gaffetastic... Obama Forgets Who Controls Congress

meme

:pke: links in article..
-----------------------------------

In his Weekly Address Barack Obama forgot who controlled Congess for the last 2 and a half years.
The New York Times reported:

“I want to be very clear,” Mr. Obama said in his weekly address to the nation. “I will not sign on to any health plan that adds to our deficits over the next decade. And by helping improve quality and efficiency, the reforms we make will help bring our deficits under control in the long term.”...

“The same folks who controlled the White House and Congress for the past eight years as we ran up record deficits will argue — believe it or not — that health reform will lead to record deficits,” Mr. Obama said. “That’s simply not true.”
For the record-- Democrats have controlled Congress since 2007.
The Democratic Congress controlled the purse strings last year and shattered government spending records this year.

from..
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/

And you're saying that even after this humiliating performance he has not even thought about stepping down?

In his Weekly Address Barack Obama forgot who controlled Congess for the last 2 and a half years.

“I want to be very clear,” Mr. Obama said in his weekly address to the nation. “I will not sign on to any health plan that adds to our deficits over the next decade. And by helping improve quality and efficiency, the reforms we make will help bring our deficits under control in the long term.”...

“The same folks who controlled the White House and Congress for the past eight years as we ran up record deficits will argue — believe it or not — that health reform will lead to record deficits,” Mr. Obama said. “That’s simply not true.”
The Democratic Congress controlled the purse strings last year and shattered government spending records this year.

from..
It's a play on the ignorance of the people who voted for him over 50% of which, when polled, thought that the Congress was R controlled when they voted for Obama.

from..

The Democrats controlled only the house since 2007. Obama's statement wasn't entirely accurate, and neither was your rebuttal.

Back