Gallup poll: Obama approval rating drops under 40%

signalmankenneth

Verified User
President Barack Obama hit a dubious milestone Sunday, sinking below a 40 percent approval rating in the Gallup daily tracking poll.

Only 39 percent of respondents approve of Obama's job performance in Sunday's Gallup survey, which calculates a three-day rolling average.

Another 54 percent disapprove of Obama's performance.

Gallup says the results "are based on telephone interviews with approximately 1,500 national adults;" the margin of error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Today's poll comes on the eve of Obama bus trip that will take him to Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois in the coming days.

Obama's approval rating has hovered in the 40 percent range for much of 2011, peaking at 53 percent in the weeks following the death of terrorist leader Osama bin Laden.

But Americans' view of his job performance continued to tick downward as the debt-ceiling debate heated up. By the time he signed legislation averting a federal default, he was mired in the low-40 percent range.

The polling setback comes as the Republican race to unseat him has kicked into overdrive. The past week has been dominated by the activity in Iowa ahead of the Ames Straw Poll, and the entrance of a new contender in Texas Gov. Rick Perry. The candidates have routinely assailed Obama's leadership in appealing to conservative activists who dominate this stage of the nominating contest.

Obama is set to launch something of a counter-offensive Monday with a three-day bus tour of the Midwest, a trip that includes two stops in Iowa. The White House denied that the itinerary was politically motivated, however.

Obama-Downgrade.jpg

Wedgie-Issues.jpg

Obama the Negotiator
Obama-the-Negotiator.jpg

Question: how do liberals view Gallup? I know they detest Rasmussen, which, BTW, has Obama at 44% total approval, but I don't know how they view Gallup.

Looks like BO's approval rating is dropping faster than Bill Clinton's trousers at an intern reunion.

President Barack Obama hit a dubious milestone Sunday, sinking below a 40 percent approval rating in the Gallup daily tracking poll.

Only 39 percent of respondents approve of Obama's job performance in Sunday's Gallup survey, which calculates a three-day rolling average.

Gallup says the results "are based on telephone interviews with approximately 1,500 national adults;" the margin of error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Today's poll comes on the eve of Obama bus trip that will take him to Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois in the coming days.

Obama's approval rating has hovered in the 40 percent range for much of 2011, peaking at 53 percent in the weeks following the death of terrorist leader Osama bin Laden.

But Americans' view of his job performance continued to tick downward as the debt-ceiling debate heated up. By the time he signed legislation averting a federal default, he was mired in the low-40 percent range.

The polling setback comes as the Republican race to unseat him has kicked into overdrive. The past week has been dominated by the activity in Iowa ahead of the Ames Straw Poll, and the entrance of a new contender in Texas Gov. Rick Perry. The candidates have routinely assailed Obama's leadership in appealing to conservative activists who dominate this stage of the nominating contest.

Obama is set to launch something of a counter-offensive Monday with a three-day bus tour of the Midwest, a trip that includes two stops in Iowa. The White House denied that the itinerary was politically motivated, however.

Obama-Downgrade.jpg

Wedgie-Issues.jpg

Obama the Negotiator
Obama-the-Negotiator.jpg

Oh please be real.

I can't believe you're not on your knees for him right now.

Obama-Downgrade.jpg

Wedgie-Issues.jpg

Obama the Negotiator
Obama-the-Negotiator.jpg

The same poll also showed that Obama was favored 45% to 39% over a generic Republican candidate. That's a 10 point swing in Obama's favor in one month. I wonder what caused that to happen? Oh....and when Obama is compared to specific Republican candidates the gap widens in his favor.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

This is PRICELESS! ...So, he is going on a whirlwind "counter-offensive" ....BUT.... It's NOT POLITICALLY MOTIVATED!

That's about the most hilarious shit I've read today! Tell ya what, just for shits and giggles... why don't you pinheads start reeling off the 'motivations' Obama has here, since he claims they aren't political? Let's hear your ideas... I am curious!

This is PRICELESS! ...So, he is going on a whirlwind "counter-offensive" ....BUT.... It's NOT POLITICALLY MOTIVATED!

That's about the most hilarious shit I've read today! Tell ya what, just for shits and giggles... why don't you pinheads start reeling off the 'motivations' Obama has here, since he claims they aren't political? Let's hear your ideas... I am curious!

If you are the President and you are going out to talk 'to the people' what are you talking about if it is not politics? Is he planning on co-hosting a sports talk radio program or something on the food network?

I saw today he told his audience in a speech that he thinks the Supreme Court will upheld his health care act. That sounds like talking politics to me.

Oaky... I've come up with a few motivations that aren't political.... (pinheads, feel free to jump in at any time on this!)

Obama wanted to take Michelle to see where they grow corn, since she is all into gardening, and what better place than Iowa?

Obama is going to congratulate the Iowans for their contributions of corn to his Government Ethanol Industry, which has created or saved millions of government jobs!

Obama wanted to show off his bus, since everyone else has a bus in Iowa, he thought it would be a good place to be.

Obama was feeling stressed out doing all that hard work in Washington (and Martha's Vineyard), and someone suggested Iowa had fresh air and a nice quaint restaurant to take his wife to, so that's why he went.

At first, Obama wasn't going to go to Iowa, but then he heard Sarah Palin was there, and he has a secret crush on Ms. Palin, and couldn't resist going to see her!

Uhmmm.... Okay, I am tapped out.... anyone else wanna give it a shot? :)

I heard he's going to Iowa because some feller built a regulation baseball diamond in the middle of his cornfield and Obama wants to check it out.

Back