Gay Marriage next Battleground VERMONT

Robdawg

State Sen. John Campbell, a Democrat, says he will sponsor the bill in the legislative session beginning in January. He acknowledges it is unlikely to gain ground unless Gov. Jim Douglas signals support.

The Republican governor said Thursday that the civil union law is sufficient but wouldn't say whether he would veto a gay-marriage bill.

Only Massachusetts and Connecticut allow gay marriage. California voters recently overturned a ruling allowing the practice there.

Several other states sanction domestic partnerships or civil unions. Vermont became the first state to do so, in 2000.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Nov20/0,4670,GayMarriageVermont,00.html

It's so cool to see that my state is listed in there for allowing gay marriage. its cool!!!

State Sen. John Campbell, a Democrat, says he will sponsor the bill in the legislative session beginning in January. He acknowledges it is unlikely to gain ground unless Gov. Jim Douglas signals support.

The Republican governor said Thursday that the civil union law is sufficient but wouldn't say whether he would veto a gay-marriage bill.

Only Massachusetts and Connecticut allow gay marriage. California voters recently overturned a ruling allowing the practice there.

Several other states sanction domestic partnerships or civil unions. Vermont became the first state to do so, in 2000.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Nov20/0,4670,GayMarriageVermont,00.html

It's so cool to see that my state is listed in there for allowing gay marriage. its cool!!!

You are a Vermonter, Rob? My ex-wife is a Vermonter. I loved it up there. Has to be one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

And they are an independent lot. I think the decision will be made by the people, and any outside pressure will just be wasted. Or perhaps will push things the wrong way.

Jeezum crow, that would be funny.

Hey robdawg don't drop the soap because watermark is behind you and you will end up sexually frustrated sir. wm cannot please anything breathing so you deserve better sir.

You are a Vermonter, Rob? My ex-wife is a Vermonter. I loved it up there. Has to be one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

And they are an independent lot. I think the decision will be made by the people, and any outside pressure will just be wasted. Or perhaps will push things the wrong way.

Jeezum crow, that would be funny.

Vermont was once the most Republican state in the nation. They didn't vote for a Democrat until 1992.

Now they are considered the most liberal state in the nation and the Democrats safest place. The only serious threat the Democrats have there is from the Progressive party, which is to the left of them. Go figure.

Vermont was once the most Republican state in the nation. They didn't vote for a Democrat until 1992.

Now they are considered the most liberal state in the nation and the Democrats safest place. The only serious threat the Democrats have there is from the Progressive party, which is to the left of them. Go figure.

you wouldn't like vermont, waterfark. nobody needs any kind of license to carry a gun openly or concealed.

sounds like a place I might move to.

you wouldn't like vermont, waterfark. nobody needs any kind of license to carry a gun openly or concealed.

sounds like a place I might move to.

The ONLY thing I didn't like about Vermont (aside from the lack of southern friendliness) was that they are insane about their ideas of who is a vermonter.

We almost moved up there when my oldest son was less than a year old. If we had, and he stayed in Vermont until he was 80, he would still be an "out-of-stater". About as popular as a yankee in the rural south.

But I love the gun laws, the conservation laws, and the scenery.

i used to snowmobile the VAST trails up there. My buddies parents have a lake house. Burlington VT is a great little town.

Vermont was the first state to recognize civil unions for gay couples.

I think they will be the next state to allow gay marriages.

Back