Genuine leaders vs fake ones

• Thread starter Thread starter witnesstheday
  • Start date Start date
W

witnesstheday

Gordon Brown has said he hopes Israel and the Palestinians will "overcome" the issue of settlements in the West Bank in the near future.

The UK prime minister held talks with his Palestinian counterpart Salam Fayyad at Downing Street.

He said that "everybody" thought peace was possible but added that Israel had to dismantle the settlements, which were a "blockage" to progress.

Mr Fayyad is also meeting City of London financiers for investment talks.

'Barrier'

After the Downing Street meeting, Mr Brown told a joint press conference: "One of the blockages to that (peace) is clearly the settlement issue.

"We have consistently said - and I've said this to successive Israeli prime ministers and presidents when I've met them - we've consistently seen that as a barrier to reaching the agreement that everybody thinks is possible.

"And I hope in the talks in the next few weeks and months this will be recognised as a barrier that's got to be overcome."

Mr Brown also said: "Establishing a viable Palestinian state with a stable economy and flourishing private sector is a crucial part of this process."

The trade and investment forum taking place in the City would provide a chance to explore further opportunities for development, he added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7783104.stm

Far away from where Bush and Maliki, two 'dodgily' elected leaders talk a lot of hot air and don't mean anything they say or say anything worth meaning, are getting involved with shoe-throwing, two GENUINE leaders from truly and properly elected political parties have been talking about the most important issue in the world, and sealing of peace and prosperity for the children of Israel and Palestine.

This is great news and a start of a wonderful new chapter in Britain's involvement with international politics. I suspect Mr Obama will join our Gordon in his plan to make Muslims think that they are welcome in the west! Well, Obama does it by default, doesn't he? I wonder if they'll call him Al President.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7783104.stm

Far away from where Bush and Maliki, two 'dodgily' elected leaders talk a lot of hot air and don't mean anything they say or say anything worth meaning, are getting involved with shoe-throwing, two GENUINE leaders from truly and properly elected political parties have been talking about the most important issue in the world, and sealing of peace and prosperity for the children of Israel and Palestine.

This is great news and a start of a wonderful new chapter in Britain's involvement with international politics. I suspect Mr Obama will join our Gordon in his plan to make Muslims think that they are welcome in the west! Well, Obama does it by default, doesn't he? I wonder if they'll call him Al President.

No one does it by default, and there will always be factions within the muslim world who think they should destroy all who do not follow allah.

Back