George Bush... a Picture of class.

The Left Wing media is spilling compliments over this.

When is the last time Right Wing media complimented a Democrat? Or even a Moderate Republican lol.

It was a great gesture and showed class.

they hate him for the very reason I like him.

he said read my lips no new taxes.

Then he renigged when the country needed to raise taxes.

they hate him for the very reason I like him.

he said read my lips no new taxes.

Then he renigged when the country needed to raise taxes.

I know you aren't saying that we need new taxes but some may take it that way. You have to pay for what you spend, is what you mean I'm sure.

Not taxing for the amount you are spending creates higher debt which the Right takes no credit for, and when your taxes don't match your spending then it gives the Left (and Right) an unclear understanding of the cost of spending. IMO.

why does the right scream "I want my country back"?

as if there is some golden time that is now gone?

Because the time they dream about is the time of FDRs results.

their own historically failed ideas ruined this country in the 1930s and the liberal policies saved it.

Now they pretend it was their ideas which saved the country.

You like him for breaking him a promise?

I like him for not letting a promise stop him from facing reality and doing what needed to be done.

That takes courage. Sometimes that means breaking a promise, but you know - in the world of reality, that sometimes happens.

when was what you would consider the hey day of this country?

1955: When wages were high and women knew their place. Oh, wait, I guess that wasn't much of a hey day, then, was it? At least they looked cute in the fashions they sported. Though not trendy yet in 1955, I have always loved the early 60s hair style with the flicked up ends. Hottest look in the history of women's fashion.

When is the last time Right Wing media complimented a Democrat? Or even a Moderate Republican lol.

There is no 'right-wing' media.....its ALL left-wing

I like him for not letting a promise stop him from facing reality and doing what needed to be done.

That takes courage. Sometimes that means breaking a promise, but you know - in the world of reality, that sometimes happens.

And then the left wing media and the Democrats ridiculed him 24/7 for the remainder of his term and used his words "Read my lips, no new taxes" to
defeat him in his re-election bid.....
My, my....how they change their tune now.....how typical of liars and hypocrites the lefties are in reality....

And have we forgotten it was the LIBERAL DEMOCRATS WHO RAN CONGRESS (liberal dumbasses) who promised spending "cuts" in exchange for new taxes? Democrats are typical backstabbers. he should have called their bluff!

Mixed emotions about Bush sr. He's a smart guy who spawned the dumbest pos president ever. He seemed totally out of touch with average Americans and had the political incorrectness of his era. It makes me laugh when cons call Obama an elitist when Bush sr. defined the term. And as for Barbara, the less said, the better.

What you are seeing is one of the fundamental differences between Democrats and Republicans.

Democrats can acknowledge a good gesture even if it crosses party lines.

Republicans are virtually incapable of doing the same.

Back