George Will on Obama

Socrtease

Verified User
Barack Obama, who might be mercifully closing the Clinton parenthesis in presidential history, is refreshingly cerebral amid this recrudescence of the paranoid style in American politics. He is the un-Edwards and un-Huckabee — an adult aiming to reform the real world rather than an adolescent fantasizing mock-heroic "fights" against fictitious villains in a left-wing cartoon version of this country.

God I LOVE George Will. I don't always agree with him but he has got to be the smartest Conservative Pundit in the land. Which is why the neo-cons hate him.

The whole article is here:

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/will010608.php3

Now watch as AHZ screams that Will is the pawn of the ZOG globalists!

with all due respect Soc, I'm not that enamoured with Will's opinion.

He wrote in 2000, that Bush was a better Candidate than gore because of his "swagger" and his "everyman" image.

Barack Obama, who might be mercifully closing the Clinton parenthesis in presidential history, is refreshingly cerebral amid this recrudescence of the paranoid style in American politics. He is the un-Edwards and un-Huckabee — an adult aiming to reform the real world rather than an adolescent fantasizing mock-heroic "fights" against fictitious villains in a left-wing cartoon version of this country.

God I LOVE George Will. I don't always agree with him but he has got to be the smartest Conservative Pundit in the land. Which is why the neo-cons hate him.

Our entire political, media, government, and financial elite are pawns of the ZOG globalists.

with all due respect Soc, I'm not that enamoured with Will's opinion.

He wrote in 2000, that Bush was a better Candidate than gore because of his "swagger" and his "everyman" image.
That is true Like I said I don't always agree with him and I don't think he holds Shrub in the same regard now as he did then.

he was a better candidate obviously, how many would now argue Gore wouldn't have been a better Pres.

Obfuscate
and WRL....

that completes our list of people who would still vote for (one of the) worst presidents in history, over Gore/Kerry/Clinton.

Yep, I read that. Interesting to see George Will supporting Obama. He's a good conservative, not one of those damnable social conservatives. He says some stupid things from time to time, but that's to be expected from conservatives.

Obfuscate
and WRL....

that completes our list of people who would still vote for (one of the) worst presidents in history, over Gore/Kerry/Clinton.

i don't get the point of arguing who would you vote for in 2000 when it is 2008.

Yep, I read that. Interesting to see George Will supporting Obama. He's a good conservative, not one of those damnable social conservatives. He says some stupid things from time to time, but that's to be expected from conservatives.

Yeah, he's supporting obama Water, the same way David Brooks is supporting Obama, SF is supporting Obama, Chapdog is supporting Obama, and some of the most vicious right wing bitches I've ever come across are supporting Obama.

None of them are voting for him. They're all voting republican.

i don't the point of arguing who would you vote for in 2000 when it is 2008.

Top asked "who would argue that Gore woudln't have been a better president'.

You would Cawacko. Unless you now regret your vote, and would vote for Gore given the do-over?

Don't feel bad, you're not lonely here. You'd never know it, but Damo would vote for bush over Gore all over again too.

Yeah, he's supporting obama Water, the same way David Brooks is supporting Obama, SF is supporting Obama, Chapdog is supporting Obama, and some of the most vicious right wing bitches I've ever come across are supporting Obama.

None of them are voting for him. They're all voting republican.

Seems kind of self-defeating. Edwards is by far the easiest to defeat out of the field. Hillary second.

As I said before, it would be interesting to see an Edwards-Huckabee race. For once, the Democrats and Republicans couldn't complain about a third party splitting the vote, because they'd be running what basically amounts to the same candidate, and splitting the vote with each other.

Maybe, maybe not.

Well, Obama is just the best frontrunner Demopublican in my opinion. Interesting to see you like Huckabee and Edwards the best, the two candidates I despise most. We pretty much come from opposite sides of the political fence, I guess...

What can I say? I'm sittin up here cozy with an average income that's three times what the average Mississippian family makes. But there's just not a big populist crisis right now to exploit, and candidates like that will lose.

Well, Obama is just the best frontrunner Demopublican in my opinion. Interesting to see you like Huckabee and Edwards the best, the two candidates I despise most. We pretty much come from opposite sides of the political fence, I guess...

What can I say? I'm sittin up here cozy with an average income that's three times what the average Mississippian family makes. But there's just not a big populist crisis right now to exploit, and candidates like that will lose.

LOL. I don't "like" huckabee, I just think he'd be entertaining. You know, like any buffoon.

Now we are on opposite sides? I guess since you became a Libertarian again? That's ok I will wait for the next turn around, and catch you on the rebound as they say.

LOL. I don't "like" huckabee, I just think he'd be entertaining. You know, like any buffoon.

Now we are on opposite sides? I guess since you became a Libertarian again? That's ok I will wait for the next turn around, and catch you on the rebound as they say.

I dunno. I'm hesitant to say I'm "a libertarian again". I don't like being classified like that. While I know the libertarian simplification of life seems attractive I also know that it's just that - an oversimplification. There's poverty in the world and the government can end that, and it has done that before, and made life better. That's a fact, and nobody except a delusional asshole would deny that. That's why I say I'm a liberal-libertarian, and I'm just displaying a bit more of my libertarian side right now. I haven't really changed. I still believe in universal healthcare, the guaranteed minimum income, anti-trust laws etc...

Back