Get Your Geek On! The original Enterprise filming model possibly found...

Damocles

New Nicotine Free Version
Staff member
https://arstechnica.com/culture/202...riginal-enterprise-model-may-have-been-found/

So, for those who don't know the USS Enterprise 1701 model used in the opening scene and as the outside shots in "The Cage" (The pilot episode of Star Trek) that was kept on Gene Roddenberry's desk until he lent it to the studio filming the Motion Picture and it was then lost afterward. Missing for decades, just recently someone put it up for auction on eBay, but that auction has since been cancelled and Rod Roddenberry is working on authenticating it and getting it back.

Anyway, a portion of the article:

The first model of the USS Enterprise ever used in shooting the original Star Trek series may have surfaced after going missing decades ago.

An eBay listing of a 3-foot model of the Enterprise appeared early last week and named a starting bid of $1,000. The listing was removed hours after it went up after enthusiasts on social media and forums discovered it and pieced together what it likely was. Some of those enthusiasts said in the private Facebook group "Star Trek Prop Makers & Collectors" that they had contacted the seller suggesting it be returned to its rightful owners, which many believe to be the estate of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry.

On Thursday evening, Rod Roddenberry, son of Gene Roddenberry and steward of the Roddenberry estate, shared a message on Facebook expressing a desire to get in touch with the seller to see about the model's return. That post has since become inaccessible, but a nearly identical one appeared on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Friday afternoon. He wrote: "Super excited someone discovered this treasure! It would mean a lot to talk with whomever is selling/in possession of the 3' Enterprise. Appreciate anyone who can put me in touch, and connect us! Engage!"

More at link...

https://arstechnica.com/culture/202...riginal-enterprise-model-may-have-been-found/

So, for those who don't know the USS Enterprise 1701 model used in the opening scene and as the outside shots in "The Cage" (The pilot episode of Star Trek) that was kept on Gene Roddenberry's desk until he lent it to the studio filming the Motion Picture and it was then lost afterward. Missing for decades, just recently someone put it up for auction on eBay, but that auction has since been cancelled and Rod Roddenberry is working on authenticating it and getting it back.

Anyway, a portion of the article:

The first model of the USS Enterprise ever used in shooting the original Star Trek series may have surfaced after going missing decades ago.

An eBay listing of a 3-foot model of the Enterprise appeared early last week and named a starting bid of $1,000. The listing was removed hours after it went up after enthusiasts on social media and forums discovered it and pieced together what it likely was. Some of those enthusiasts said in the private Facebook group "Star Trek Prop Makers & Collectors" that they had contacted the seller suggesting it be returned to its rightful owners, which many believe to be the estate of Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry.

On Thursday evening, Rod Roddenberry, son of Gene Roddenberry and steward of the Roddenberry estate, shared a message on Facebook expressing a desire to get in touch with the seller to see about the model's return. That post has since become inaccessible, but a nearly identical one appeared on X, formerly known as Twitter, on Friday afternoon. He wrote: "Super excited someone discovered this treasure! It would mean a lot to talk with whomever is selling/in possession of the 3' Enterprise. Appreciate anyone who can put me in touch, and connect us! Engage!"

More at link...

Nice.. I'm a trekkie as well. Strange New Worlds is my favorite new series. I could not handle Discovery - too much contrived drama. I can't watch Lower Decks either - too juvenile.

Finally - "engage" was Picard's tagline, not from TOS.

Back