Gingrich tries a little HONESTY for a change...

zappasguitar

Gingrich: Republicans Will Oppose Any Immigration Plan Backed By Obama Because They Hate Obama

During an appearance on ABC’s This Week on Sunday, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) admitted that Republicans are likely to oppose any immigration reform proposal introduced by President Obama because they personally dislike the Commander-in-Chief.

“An Obama plan led and driven by Obama in this atmosphere with the level of hostility towards the president and the way he goads the hostility I think is very hard to imagine that bill, that his bill is going to pass the House,” Gingrich said. “I think that negotiated with a Senate immigration bill that has to have bipartisan support could actually get to the president’s desk.”

The Senate-backed framework for immigration reform, which enhances security on the border and includes a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, shares many similarities with Obama’s own proposal, though the president has repeatedly said that if Congress fails to make progress, he will introduce his own reform legislation.

That plan, obtained by USA Today, “mirrors many provisions of the bipartisan 2007 bill” spearheaded by Ted Kennedy and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and would allow unauthorized immigrants “to become legal permanent residents within eight years.” “The plan also would provide for more security funding and require business owners to check the immigration status of new hires within four years,” the paper reports.

Despite its bipartisan nature, the draft proposal was immediately panned by Republicans. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) — a member of the Senate group working towards producing comprehensive legislation — called it “dead on arrival,” while Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) said it demonstrated that Obama is “looking for a partisan advantage and not a bipartisan solution.”

Most Republicans shot down propsed immigration reform proposed by President Bush so it's not like they are changing their position because President Obama is proposing it.

Most Republicans shot down propsed immigration reform proposed by President Bush so it's not like they are changing their position because President Obama is proposing it.

Immigration reform was shot down back in Bush's day because it was introduced by a Democrat and a RINO...two types of human beings "true Republicans" despised almost as much as Obama.

Gingrich: Republicans Will Oppose Any Immigration Plan Backed By Obama Because They Hate Obama

During an appearance on ABC’s This Week on Sunday, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-GA) admitted that Republicans are likely to oppose any immigration reform proposal introduced by President Obama because they personally dislike the Commander-in-Chief.

“An Obama plan led and driven by Obama in this atmosphere with the level of hostility towards the president and the way he goads the hostility I think is very hard to imagine that bill, that his bill is going to pass the House,” Gingrich said. “I think that negotiated with a Senate immigration bill that has to have bipartisan support could actually get to the president’s desk.”

Obama is “looking for a partisan advantage and not a bipartisan solution.”

You ought to try a little honesty too.....

This ....

Does not mean this....
Republicans Will Oppose Any Immigration Plan Backed By Obama Because They Hate Obama

It means this.....

And Gingrich's point is this....
“I think that negotiated with a Senate immigration bill that has to have bipartisan support could actually get to the president’s desk.”

You ought to try a little honesty too.....

This ....

Does not mean this....
Republicans Will Oppose Any Immigration Plan Backed By Obama Because They Hate Obama

It means this.....

And Gingrich's point is this....
“I think that negotiated with a Senate immigration bill that has to have bipartisan support could actually get to the president’s desk.”

So you admit that angry Righties only oppose Obama's immigration plan because he knows how to push their buttons and that makes them mad.

Alrightie then!

If only we had a way to measure whether Republicans would oppose Obama's immigration plan because Obama proposed it. Like, if there was a way to devise a randomly-generated statistically significant population of Republicans who you could, like, ask about Obama's immigration plan without identifying it as Obama's immigration plan and then asking them about Obama's immigration plan while identifying it as Obama's immigration plan. We could call it, like, a poll.

Wait a sec, somebody did that already:

If President Obama wants immigration reform that includes a path to citizenship for undocumented workers, he may not want to mention it at all in tonight’s State of the Union speech, a new Washington Post poll suggests.

Seven in 10 people in the survey said they would support a path to citizenship, including 60 percent of Republicans. But when the same question was asked of a separate sample of respondents, this time with Obama’s name attached to it, support dropped to 59 percent overall and just 39 percent among Republicans.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...d-and-shouldnt-say-in-the-state-of-the-union/

So you admit that angry Righties only oppose Obama's immigration plan because he knows how to push their buttons and that makes them mad.

Alrightie then!

I admit what my post says....

The same reason he shut out the Repuclicans in the heathcare fiasco.....

If only we had a way to measure whether Republicans would oppose Obama's immigration plan because Obama proposed it. Like, if there was a way to devise a randomly-generated statistically significant population of Republicans who you could, like, ask about Obama's immigration plan without identifying it as Obama's immigration plan and then asking them about Obama's immigration plan while identifying it as Obama's immigration plan. We could call it, like, a poll.

Wait a sec, somebody did that already:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...d-and-shouldnt-say-in-the-state-of-the-union/

Proves my point again....and the poll shows that Republicans know

Its like reliving the Bush years.....Bush was ridiculed for everything he did but when Obama continued those same Bush policies, he was adored...

right...it is only when you counter with pubs doing that which they accuse dems of....does it matter

you don't fool anyone

Oh, OK. Thanks for clarifying. Just so we're clear that Republicans will oppose any immigration plan backed by Obama because they hate Obama.

Back