glen beck for president

Cancel 2018. 3

<-- sched 2, MJ sched 1
Glenn Beck's homecoming riles up people in Wash

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. – Glenn Beck's visit to his hometown in Washington state this weekend seemed simple enough on the surface, with a ceremonial key to the city awaiting him and the mayor naming the day in the Fox News personality's honor.

But this being Glenn Beck, nothing is that easy.

Groups have demonstrated on the streets and in city council meetings over the conservative commentator's visit. Petitions have been collected calling on the cancellation of the visit. A small business owner put up a sign that says: "Glenn Beck & Hatred not welcome here." And the leader of a nearby city has offered the key to his city to Jon Stewart in sort of a mayoral rebuttal.

Welcome home, Glenn.

Mount Vernon Mayor Bud Norris came up with the idea to honor Beck, proclaiming Sept. 26 as "Glenn Beck Day" as a way to honor his success as a nationally known broadcaster. The event at which Beck is scheduled to speak sold out.

The media circus and the strong public reaction over the event has not fazed Norris, who says people have sent him gifts from across the country to give to Beck.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_glenn_beck_day

don't be a troll......if you are....be a good one....thanks!

Glenn Beck's homecoming riles up people in Wash

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. – Glenn Beck's visit to his hometown in Washington state this weekend seemed simple enough on the surface, with a ceremonial key to the city awaiting him and the mayor naming the day in the Fox News personality's honor.

But this being Glenn Beck, nothing is that easy.

Groups have demonstrated on the streets and in city council meetings over the conservative commentator's visit. Petitions have been collected calling on the cancellation of the visit. A small business owner put up a sign that says: "Glenn Beck & Hatred not welcome here." And the leader of a nearby city has offered the key to his city to Jon Stewart in sort of a mayoral rebuttal.

Welcome home, Glenn.

Mount Vernon Mayor Bud Norris came up with the idea to honor Beck, proclaiming Sept. 26 as "Glenn Beck Day" as a way to honor his success as a nationally known broadcaster. The event at which Beck is scheduled to speak sold out.

The media circus and the strong public reaction over the event has not fazed Norris, who says people have sent him gifts from across the country to give to Beck.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_glenn_beck_day

don't be a troll......if you are....be a good one....thanks!

"Petitions have been collected calling on the cancellation of the visit"

I guess you really can't go home again.

LOL

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbg604XqPY&NR=1"]YouTube - Glenn Beck Showing His Colors[/ame]

My Dad went to a private school, and my Mom to a public school. I don't recall either dissing the other about what school they graduated from. Apparently class bigotry is a liberal thing, just like all other forms of bigotry. *shrug*

This is horseshit. I don't agree with Beck on everything, but he seems like a nice person. I listen to his show every morning on the way to work, and I've never heard him say anything that could be interpreted as hateful or racist. My guess is anyone who hates Glen Beck has never actually listened to his show. As for the "residents" who don't want him to visit his own hometown, they can kindly go fuck themselves.

This is horseshit. I don't agree with Beck on everything, but he seems like a nice person. I listen to his show every morning on the way to work, and I've never heard him say anything that could be interpreted as hateful or racist. My guess is anyone who hates Glen Beck has never actually listened to his show. As for the "residents" who don't want him to visit his own hometown, they can kindly go fuck themselves.

Who hates him, FatAssco?

Not I. He's another rightwing gift that keeps on giving.

I sincerely hope that you convince him to run for office soon.

I'm very familiar with his offerings - radio and TV. Not only is his show monitored daily, but a database of ready-made sound bites is always a click away.

We'll be waiting. :readit:

Back