Glen Beck

while i don't agree with all of Beck's take, I do agree that TR and Woodrow Wilson have more in common, than nought.

while i don't agree with all of Beck's take, I do agree that TR and Woodrow Wilson have more in common, than nought.

Yeah power hungry politicians tend to have more in common with each other than naught and Wilson and TR were more power hungry than most, personally I suspect they hung out in the same strip clubs. :D

TR and Wilson are two of the most damaging ideologues in American history. TR was an advocate of unrelented imperialism and Wilson helped to screw over the world with his views about WWI and world order.

Fuck them both. At least TR had a very successful presidency, though...

At least TR had a very successful presidency, though...

Based on what ? you do realize that every President in the history of this county has taken an oath to protect and defend the CONSTITUTION, right ? TR raped the constitution and over stepped his CONSTITUTIONALLY granted authority like a drunken sailor right ? fuck TR .... he set the precendant for all these left wing @sshole power drunk, presidents we have to put up with now (including Obama)...

Based on what ? you do realize that every President in the history of this county has taken an oath to protect and defend the CONSTITUTION, right ? TR raped the constitution and over stepped his CONSTITUTIONALLY granted authority like a drunken sailor right ? fuck TR .... he set the precendant for all these left wing @sshole power drunk, presidents we have to put up with now (including Obama)...

Not really. Two of my most hated ideologues in US History are Jefferson and TR, but they both had very successful presidencies because they didn't really live up to those standards. TR provoked the revolution in Panama, but its nothing compared to what he did before and after his presidency (a principle architect of the Spanish-American War, and a huge supporter of WWI - he even won a Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating an end to the Russo-Japanese War!).

My other two most hated ideologues, Jackson and Wilson, had abysmal presidencies, and so not much needs to be said of them. Hell, a lot of neocons and populists could probably fall in line with TR's call for a national initiative that would allow Americans to override SCOTUS rulings...

Back