Global Cease-Fire Call Grows as Israel Wages 'War Against Hospitals' in Gaza | CD

Scott

Verified User
Just saw an article with the same title as this thread that was published yesterday on Common Dreams. Quoting the introduction and conclusion, constructive comments welcome...

"Children in Gaza are hanging by a thread," said a UNICEF director, calling for attacks on healthcare facilities to stop immediately and the urgent delivery of supplies to hospitals.

JESSICA CORBETT

Nov 10, 2023

As Israeli forces waged what al-Shifa's director described as a "war against hospitals" in Gaza on Friday, United Nations officials, human rights groups, and doctors demanded the protection of medical facilities and renewed calls for a cease-fire.

"Half of the Gaza Strip's 36 hospitals and two-thirds of its primary healthcare centers are not functioning at all," World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told the U.N. Security Council. "Those that are functioning are operating way beyond their capacities. The health system is on its knees, and yet somehow is continuing to deliver some lifesaving care."

Since the Hamas-led attack on October 7 that killed around 1,200 Israelis, the Israel Defense Forces' (IDF) assault of Gaza has devastated civilian infrastructure, displaced about 70% of the strip's 2.3 million residents—about half of whom are children—and killed over 11,000 Palestinians, including more than 4,500 children. Tens of thousands more are injured or missing.

[snip]

"We urge President Biden to wield all the influence and power of the U.S. government to help secure a cease-fire and stop this devastating spiral of violence in Gaza, which threatens to engulf people living across the region," Avril Benoît, the U.S. executive director of Doctors Without Borders, known globally as Médecins Sans Frontières, wrote Friday.

"The U.S. government has been staunchly supportive of Israel's military operation. It has also expressed concerns about mitigating the impact of the conflict on civilians, calling on the Israeli government to conduct its military operations within the bounds of the laws of war," Benoît noted. "The horrors unfolding before our eyes in Gaza show that these calls are going unheeded. Working purposefully to reach a cease-fire is the most effective way to ensure the protection of civilians."

Full article:
Global Cease-Fire Call Grows as Israel Wages 'War Against Hospitals' in Gaza | Common Dreams

Israel says there are rockets being shot from daycare sites and schools. No proof has followed, but it justifies terrible actions. Israelis say those things and they become facts to them. Kids have rocket launchers in their backpacks. You can take them out. Hospitals are Hamas nests. Level them. Hamas uses roads and bridges, we have to destroy them.

Israel says there are rockets being shot from daycare sites and schools. No proof has followed, but it justifies terrible actions. Israelis say those things and they become facts to them. Kids have rocket launchers in their backpacks. You can take them out.

I haven't heard of these alleged rockets being fired from daycare sites and schools, but since we're talking about hospitals here, it wouldn't apply anyway...

Hospitals are Hamas nests. Level them.

Yeah, I think I heard that one. I just skimmed through an article where Israel says that Hamas is hiding undernearth hospitals. This article, written a few days ago, denies that they actually -hit- hospitals, but I think by this point, they aren't denying hitting hospitals anymore...

Gaza's hospitals report growing threats from Israeli airstrikes | npr.org

I haven't heard of these alleged rockets being fired from daycare sites and schools, but since we're talking about hospitals here, it wouldn't apply anyway...

Yeah, I think I heard that one. I just skimmed through an article where Israel says that Hamas is hiding undernearth hospitals. This article, written a few days ago, denies that they actually -hit- hospitals, but I think by this point, they aren't denying hitting hospitals anymore...

Gaza's hospitals report growing threats from Israeli airstrikes | npr.org

Schools are pointed out regularly. Israel knows the disaster they want to do to Gaza is ugly and they want to justify it to the world. I do not know if Hamas is working from hospitals. But is certainly what Bibi will claim it. Now it includes schools and tunnel entrances in kids bedrooms. Yeah right. Israel says it so it must be true.

Israel says there are rockets being shot from daycare sites and schools. No proof has followed, but it justifies terrible actions. Israelis say those things and they become facts to them. Kids have rocket launchers in their backpacks. You can take them out. Hospitals are Hamas nests. Level them. Hamas uses roads and bridges, we have to destroy them.
Team Israel HATES the sub-human Palestinians for being both Arabs and Muslims, which makes two strikes against Palestinians. Add to that Team Israel's need to treat every single Palestinian man, woman and child as vile terrorist scum and you effectively have the third strike, and as Yakuda reminds us, you have to know when to put the rabid dog down. Team Israel considers Gaza hospitals as really nothing more than incubators for Palestinian larva, and the IDF had better fumigate all the nests before a major infestation develops. Sure, it was Iran who attacked Israel on October 7th, but it's the Palestinians that Israel urgently wants to exterminate. Ergo, Israel needs to "declare war" on Gaza first, then Israel's Parliament can discuss at their leisure whether a response to Iran's attack is warranted.

Remember, Israel's genocide of Palestinians who never attacked Israel is completely justified because Israel has every right to defend itself!

Remember, all civilian Palestinians deserve all the genocide they get, and that includes every man, woman and child, because some of those Palestinians voted for Hamas. Don't ever forget that.

Remember, all Palestinians are shit-eating fuckers who deserve death because the Ayatollah's goal is to destroy Israel, and on top of that, Al Qassam exists. Don't ever forget that either.

You have to know when to put the rabid civilian Palestinian non-combatant down. Go Team Israel, right or wrong, but always right!

ישראל: תמיד נכון, אף פעם לא טועה

3b73b6f49a560737bbbb04b0931ae26c.png

Israel knows it is against the clock, they have to find Hamas command centers and destroy them, and many of those hubs are strategically located in tunnels beneath hospitals, schools, and residential areas. The consequences is the death of civilians, and destruction of non military entities, which is alarming the rest of the world and why Israel has to move fast. Catch 22 from their perspective

Israel knows it is against the clock, they have to find Hamas command centers and destroy them, and many of those hubs are strategically located in tunnels beneath hospitals, schools, and residential areas. The consequences is the death of civilians, and destruction of non military entities, which is alarming the rest of the world and why Israel has to move fast. Catch 22 from their perspective

I think it's a mistake to think of Israel as uniform in opinion in terms of what the Israeli military is doing in Gaza right now. That's akin to thinking that Americans are all onboard with the massive amount of weapons that they're giving Ukraine. Now I know that the mass media does a great job of burying the fact that there are many Israelis who are opposed to what's being done in their name, but if you look hard enough, you can find the evidence. Take this article, for instance:

Thousands protest in Israel calling for an end to the bombing of Gaza | wsws.org

I think it's a mistake to think of Israel as uniform in opinion in terms of what the Israeli military is doing in Gaza right now. That's akin to thinking that Americans are all onboard with the massive amount of weapons that they're giving Ukraine. Now I know that the mass media does a great job of burying the fact that there are many Israelis who are opposed to what's being done in their name, but if you look hard enough, you can find the evidence. Take this article, for instance:

Thousands protest in Israel calling for an end to the bombing of Gaza | wsws.org

Alexander Mercouris has said that Israeli journalism is much more robust and diverse than is British journalism, at several points recently.

Want a cease fire Hamas? Free the hostages and stop firing rockets, in the past Hamas used cease fires to rebuild, No more, those days are long gone

Just saw an article with the same title as this thread that was published yesterday on Common Dreams. Quoting the introduction and conclusion, constructive comments welcome...

"Children in Gaza are hanging .by a thread," said a UNICEF director, calling for attacks on healthcare facilities to stop immediately and the urgent delivery of supplies to hospitals

JESSICA CORBETT

Nov 10, 2023

As Israeli forces waged what al-Shifa's director described as a "war against hospitals" in Gaza on Friday, United Nations officials, human rights groups, and doctors demanded the protection of medical facilities and renewed calls for a cease-fire.

"Half of the Gaza Strip's 36 hospitals and two-thirds of its primary healthcare centers are not functioning at all," World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told the U.N. Security Council. "Those that are functioning are operating way beyond their capacities. The health system is on its knees, and yet somehow is continuing to deliver some lifesaving care."

Since the Hamas-led attack on October 7 that killed around 1,200 Israelis, the Israel Defense Forces' (IDF) assault of Gaza has devastated civilian infrastructure, displaced about 70% of the strip's 2.3 million residents—about half of whom are children—and killed over 11,000 Palestinians, including more than 4,500 children. Tens of thousands more are injured or missing.[/B]

[snip]

"We urge President Biden to wield all the influence and power of the U.S. government to help secure a cease-fire and stop this devastating spiral of violence in Gaza, which threatens to engulf people living across the region," Avril Benoît, the U.S. executive director of Doctors Without Borders, known globally as Médecins Sans Frontières, wrote Friday.

"The U.S. government has been staunchly supportive of Israel's military operation. It has also expressed concerns about mitigating the impact of the conflict on civilians, calling on the Israeli government to conduct its military operations within the bounds of the laws of war," Benoît noted. "The horrors unfolding before our eyes in Gaza show that these calls are going unheeded. Working purposefully to reach a cease-fire is the most effective way to ensure the protection of civilians."[/B]

Full article:
Global Cease-Fire Call Grows as Israel Wages 'War Against Hospitals' in Gaza | Common Dreams

so Hamas has started hanging Palestinian children now?......

Team Israel HATES the sub-human Palestinians for being both Arabs and Muslims, which makes two strikes against Palestinians.

Like I told archives, I think it's time we start acknowledging that Israelies are not all in favour of what's currently happening in Gaza. It took me a bit of work wading through search results, but I did manage to find an article demonstrating that there was at least 1 protest involving thousands of protestors in Israel concerning what's being done to Gazas by the Israeli military. I bring up the link in my post to archives.

so Hamas has started hanging Palestinian children now?......

You're responding to a quote I didn't make. In case it changes before others see this, PmP altered what I wrote. This is what I wrote:

"Children in Gaza are hanging by a thread," said a UNICEF director, calling for attacks on healthcare facilities to stop immediately and the urgent delivery of supplies to hospitals.

And this is their alteration:
PMP's altered quote.jpg

For those looking, the difference is that there is no period in the original after the word hanging. Perhaps you're not aware of it, but you're not allowed to alter a quote in that way. Feel free to peruse Rule 16:

Rules of the Board! | justplainpolitics.com

I haven't reported it, as it's not a huge alteration, but I thought I'd at least mention it in case you weren't aware of this rule.

You're responding to a quote I didn't make. In case it changes before others see this, PmP altered what I wrote. This is what I wrote:

And this is their alteration:
View attachment 25752

For those looking, the difference is that there is no period in the original after the word hanging. Perhaps you're not aware of it, but you're not allowed to alter a quote in that way. Feel free to peruse Rule 16:

Rules of the Board! | justplainpolitics.com

I haven't reported it, as it's not a huge alteration, but I thought I'd at least mention it in case you weren't aware of this rule.

gosh, I didn't realize you forgot to read your own post.......it's a cut and paste......all I did was delete some of the bolding.......you shout too much....

gosh, I didn't realize you forgot to read your own post.......it's a cut and paste......all I did was delete some of the bolding.......you shout too much....

No, you added a period after hanging that wasn't there before, which I pointed out. Anyway, I've decided at this point was best to report, let moderation decide whether or not what you did was quote box altering.

It's still blood lust.

That said, Israeli troops have infiltrated Hamas' nests under hospitals and in tunnels. This is what needs to be done, but I can't believe the mass casualties were necessary.
Bibi has nothing to lose. Hamas did him a favor. He was in the process of taking over the courts that were about to find him guilty of fraud and other 'trump-like' crimes.

Suddenly, he is free to operate without public scrutiny. There were nationwide protests before the terror attack, that were aimed at ousting him.

Want a cease fire Hamas? Free the hostages and stop firing rockets, in the past Hamas used cease fires to rebuild, No more, those days are long gone
Sadly, this is true. Hamas will not release hostages because that's the only card they have. I believe they failed in their mission to create a regional war. Thus far, the fringe players are showing a modicum of restraint.

but I can't believe the mass casualties were necessary.

I can't believe they happened.......I expect almost all of the 11,000 were armed Hamas terrorists........if a child was killed he was probably strapped to the chest of a Hamas terrorists as body armor........Kevlar babies......

People need to stop wasting time trying to justify things
in an unjustifiable world
where people have hated one another
since the advent of our species.

Who do you like better...the Israelis or the Palestinians?

Neutrality is always an embarrassing weakness.

Pick a side and then stick with it.

Looking for good guys is a fools errand.

They're a myth.

People need to stop wasting time trying to justify things
in an unjustifiable world
where people have hated one another
since the advent of our species.

Who do you like better...the Israelis or the Palestinians?

Neutrality is always an embarrassing weakness.

Pick a side and then stick with it.

Looking for good guys is a fools errand.

They're a myth.

I'm not completely sure what you're trying to convey. I think what the Hamas military wing did on October 7th was terrible, and I think that Israel's current genocide of Palestinians in Gaza is also terrible. Would you agree with that?

Back