Global warming blamed for seismic activity

I don't know anything about the effect of heat on seismic activity.

I'm guessing you don't either, though. Have you read anything else on the topic to be so instantly dismissive of the science presented in the article?

What a science? He makes an unsupported assertion and there is no link to said study.

"This 'thermal imbalance' means that heat generated in the planetary interior cannot escape and that the planetary interior must overheat. Increase in seismic, tectonic and volcanic activities is an unavoidable consequence of the observed thermal imbalance of the planet,"

There is no mechanism mentioned. Heat rises. It's impossible for the exterior of the Earth to HEAT the interior.

Is the scientist trying to claim the slight global temp increase is responsible for supressing the release of thermal energy from the core of the planet? That's even funnier.

It's impossible because heat rises? Are you a moron?

It may be impossible because the crust is 70 miles thick and any surface heat is dissipated long before it gets to the magma level, but not because heat rises you idiot.

Touch the underside of your oven burner and tell me heat only goes up. Hot AIR rises because it's less dense. Solids transmit heat any direction.

so I take it you believe CO2 forcing is responsible for seismic increases? LOL You have to be retarded to buy it.

i posted on this a few weeks back

more water in the oceans means more weight on the tectonic plates means more seismic activity QED

I swear to God, I should be a science journalist for these hackish mainstream media outlets. I knew this story was BS within 5 seconds of reading it.

Then I did what a professional, qualified journalist should have done. Checked the qualifications of the "scientist" the article cites. Which took ten seconds.

Dr Tom Chalko holds Master degree in engineering and a Ph.D. in physics (laser holography). His current academic appointment is with the University of Melbourne in Australia. Dr Chalko professional interests span from lasers and vibration engineering to physics of consciousness. His passions include meditation, exploring limits of human perception, awareness and self healing, playing classical guitar and conducting controversial seminars.

Yeah, I know enough about academia to smell BS. This guy is some new age, crystal power guru dude who happened to get a PhD at some point in his life. BFD. And he has an "appointment" at the University. Which doesn't mean anything, except that he has a job there. It might not even be a research faculty position. He could be a lab tech, or an IT guy, or whatever.

The earthquake connection to global warming is probably all BS. At least, based on what info is in the article.

This is exactly what the flat earth, global warming denialists do. Find some guy or gal - any will do - that has a PhD in "science", to peddle global warming denialist BS.

Calm down tinfoil. The Media reports BS sometimes. It happens. Deal with it.

so I take it you believe CO2 forcing is responsible for seismic increases? LOL You have to be retarded to buy it.

not just co2, but methane too, and there is a lot of it being released - more than co2

also, there is a feedback situation with methane, the warmer the planet, the more more methane is released and so it goes so it goes so it goes

Dr Tom Chalko holds Master degree in engineering and a Ph.D. in physics (laser holography). His current academic appointment is with the University of Melbourne in Australia. Dr Chalko professional interests span from lasers and vibration engineering to physics of consciousness. His passions include meditation, exploring limits of human perception, awareness and self healing, playing classical guitar and conducting controversial seminars.

How does this mean anything to you Cypress? How does this instantly qualify or disqualify this guy's credentials?

You're saying that you know this guy based on the above paragraph? You're so full of shit its not even funny.

Back