Going to be a bloodbath on wallstreet

LOL they already did, buy now while the chicken littles are running for the exits. The fed and fiscal policy will turn this around.

this shit is over your head lori, back to the kiddie pool for you.

Sure it is. I definitely need to be reminded about that once in awhile, especially from the guy who said we didn't have to worry about days like today all last year, and told us how wrong we were about the warning signs.

Don't you ever get tired of being a complete buffoon?

Again it's over your head. You don't even understand economic much less market pricing.
the market is still not cheap you used software salesmen. Debate that point, you can't because you don't know.

Well, I will say that, on this topic, I take no great joy in being right, and in you being woefully wrong. It's really not something I'm celebrating...

your not right, on politics or business. YOur a polished up USC bitch about a lot but support nothing with enthusiasm.

your not right, on politics or business. YOur a polished up USC bitch about a lot but support nothing with enthusiasm.

So true. I mean, really, when you think about it - what is there to complain about? Everything is going so smoothly.

Spot on once again, gerber....

this reminds me SO much of the Iraq war debate. Libs told Bush voters that Iraq could be a disaster; a prophecy that bush voters laughed off. But, a couple years after the invasion Bush voters said "everybody knew" iraq was going to be "a long, hard slog". It's hard work!

It was mere months ago that the Very Serious People on Fox news were trumpeting the wonders of the Bush economy and the Bush economic policies. While Libs have warned for years that Bush was driving the Bus towards the cliff. And yet today, Bush voters appear to have known all along that a fiscal crises was in the making.

We have gone almost 7years without a correction.

Also dont forget the same sub prime mortgages were quite available during the Clinton years like 1995 or so.

this reminds me SO much of the Iraq war debate. Libs told Bush voters that Iraq could be a disaster; a prophecy that bush voters laughed off. But, a couple years after the invasion Bush voters said "everybody knew" iraq was going to be "a long, hard slog". It's hard work!

It was mere months ago that the Very Serious People on Fox news were trumpeting the wonders of the Bush economy and the Bush economic policies. While Libs have warned for years that Bush was driving the Bus towards the cliff. And yet today, Bush voters appear to have known all along that a fiscal crises was in the making.

You can usually listen to the Fox comentators, then plan on the exact opposit to happen in the comming months. Then tune in to hear them say, we told you so!

We have gone almost 7years without a correction.

Also dont forget the same sub prime mortgages were quite available during the Clinton years like 1995 or so.

Whatever mistakes that were made in 1993, should have been corrected. Bush had seven years to correct any mistakes from the last administration, just like Clinton had 8 years to start to reverse the mistakes of the Reagan/Poppy Bush years. All presidents inherit mistakes that need correction.

As for the so-called recovery between 2002 and 2007, it was built on an illusion propped up by bad debt, massive borrowing, and bad policy. And because of that, it has set us on a course for a substantial meltdown, not just a garden variety "correction". I hope not; I hope we dodge a bullet. But Bush and his supporters drove the bus uncomfortably close to the edge of the cliff. It didn't have to be this way, and bush voters have been warned for years.

You can usually listen to the Fox comentators, then plan on the exact opposit to happen in the comming months. Then tune in to hear them say, we told you so!

yep that was Dixie's usefullness too, go the opposite way he said. It usually worked out fine.

The reason we are where we are today is human nature. During the 90’s everyone was buying tech stocks in 1999 with 75+ pe ratios.. follow the leader get rich quick dreams..

The difference in the 00’s was the industry.. housing got hot everyone putting money into homes.. get rich quick dreams… The difference however is that this time you can borrow against the appreciation unlike the stock market in the 90’s

Same mentality different industry.. more dangerous industry.

What industry will be next? Gold? Oil? Something will get hot everyone will follow in and lose their shirts when its tanks... its been going on for decades.

yep and if your an INVESTOR your ok. I never bought the tech's with no pe's at all.
I bought microsoft, intel, merk, and ford. NOw I'm not flipping houses, I actually live in it and it doens't and won't have an atm slot.

Lets not forget that 2/3 of our economy is consumer spending now vs 1/3 consumer spending basis in the not too distant past. makes it much more volitile.

Back