GOP in trouble

How anyone can delude themselfs in lihgt of the facts is just beyond me. To some facts just dont matter.

How anyone can delude themselfs in lihgt of the facts is just beyond me. To some facts just dont matter.

I would love to see your definition of "facts" in a political case. For example, is it a "fact" that Bush assinged excellent judges to the Supreme Court? Seems to me that answer would vary greatly on your personal and political beliefs and one could make a "fact" based argument for both sides. One could obviously name many others issues where personal and partisan beliefs define the definition of "facts".

Facts are fluid things in politics.

One of many reasons I oppose the "Fairness" Doctrine.

That's what I was thinking about when I wrote it. I wasn't arguing Bush is doing well. But as you said facts in politics seems to have a meaning outside of what's in the dictionary.

There are lies and there is truth.

I perfer truth.

If you say I said something and can not prove it in any way I think I should have the right to call you out on it.

I perfer truth.

If you say I said something and can not prove it in any way I think I should have the right to call you out on it.

Abortion is good or bad? What's the truth?

Death Peanlty is good or bad? What's the truth?

Bush's two nominees on the Supreme Court are good or bad? What's the truth?

Obama will be a good President? What's the truth? There isn't one because we don't know. We can only surmise based on his past how we think he would perform. It's called an opinion.

This list could go on and on.

I perfer truth.

I'm just trying to picture a President in your senario. Think of the number of talk radio, TV shows and newpapers around the country that discuss the President. Do you really think the President would go all over the country trying to refute everything said about him/her on the radio, TV and newspaper?

Only at the times he chooses which is what the fairness doctrine offers.

Some says shit about you , you request equal time on their show to correct the rrecord.

People say anything they want and if someone asks to correct the record then they either give them time or face a lawsuit. Sounds good to me.

Some says shit about you , you request equal time on their show to correct the rrecord.

People say anything they want and if someone asks to correct the record then they either give them time or face a lawsuit. Sounds good to me.

So you think Bush should spend all his time on Air America? Or Obama should spend all his time on Rush?

I would love to see your definition of "facts" in a political case. For example, is it a "fact" that Bush assinged excellent judges to the Supreme Court? Seems to me that answer would vary greatly on your personal and political beliefs and one could make a "fact" based argument for both sides. One could obviously name many others issues where personal and partisan beliefs define the definition of "facts".

Bush is the worst president in American history and even republican politicians are running away from him with the quickness. .. FACT.

The GOP is in deep shit. .. FACT.

That's the good news. .. FACT.

Abortion is good or bad? What's the truth?

Death Peanlty is good or bad? What's the truth?

Bush's two nominees on the Supreme Court are good or bad? What's the truth?

Obama will be a good President? What's the truth? There isn't one because we don't know. We can only surmise based on his past how we think he would perform. It's called an opinion.

This list could go on and on.

The attack on Iraq was based on concocted lies that has cost hundreds of thousands of innocent lives. Is there any question where the truth lies?

Bush economic polices have been disastrous for this nation. Any questions?

The attack on Iraq was based on concocted lies that has cost hundreds of thousands of innocent lives. Is there any question where the truth lies?

Bush economic polices have been disastrous for this nation. Any questions?

you're not really answering the fairness doctrine question. You are giving your opinion.

I ask you again, as I did on the other thread, does this include space in the NY Times and in magazines as well Desh?

Bush is the worst president in American history and even republican politicians are running away from him with the quickness. .. FACT.

The GOP is in deep shit. .. FACT.

That's the good news. .. FACT.

Actually, those are opinions.

1) I still think Nixon was worse than Bush

2) The GOP is going to take losses this cycle

3) The Dems in charge of everything... very bad.

Back