GOP rep: Some Republicans ‘would like to see the Russians win’

Joe Capitalist

Racism is a disease
Now we know who the FALL Communists are, don't we.
Fucking Republiclown traitors!

GOP rep: Some Republicans ‘would like to see the Russians win’

https://apple.news/A-pq_FofLSSWyEaiySIWGTA

A growing number of GOP lawmakers are complaining that some of their Republican colleagues want Russia to win a war against a U.S. ally. This isn't normal.

It was earlier this month when House Foreign Affairs Committee Chair Michael McCaul broke new ground about his party’s direction. “I think Russian propaganda has made its way into the United States, unfortunately, and it’s infected a good chunk of my party’s base,” the Texas Republican complained.
Five days later, the House Intelligence Committee’s Republican chair, Ohio’s Mike Turner, was about as candid while echoing the sentiment, conceding that some of his GOP colleagues were peddling rhetoric that’s “directly coming from Russia.” Soon after, former Defense Secretary William Cohen, a longtime GOP lawmaker, said he believes many congressional Republicans are now working as “the arm of Vladimir Putin.”

The list keeps growing. The Hill reported:

Republican Rep. Don Bacon (Neb.) ripped into his colleagues who oppose further funding for Ukraine, arguing they “would like to see” Russia win the more than two-year war against Kyiv. “Now for Ukraine, they have no more artillery. If we do not do this, the Russians will be in Kyiv. Unfortunately, a few of my colleagues would like to see the Russians win. I don’t know why that is the case. I think it’s a terrible thing,” Bacon said in an interview with C-SPAN.

In context, it was clear that the Nebraska Republican was referring to members of his own party.
Also yesterday, Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw expressed his own frustration with his GOP colleagues fighting to derail security aid for Ukraine — and the possibility that they’ll try to oust House Speaker Mike Johnson for allowing members to vote on the policy.

“I guess their reasoning is that they want Russia to win so badly that they want to oust the speaker over it,” the Texan told reporters. “I mean, that’s a strange position to take.”

Ken Buck Rips 'Moscow Marjorie' Taylor Greene For Sinking To 'New Low'

The former Colorado representative knocked Greene for "acting completely irresponsibly" with her talk on Ukraine.
Former Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.) on Friday knocked Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) for “acting completely irresponsibly” amid her opposition to delivering aid to Ukraine.
Margorie Traitor Greene has threatened to oust House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-La.) over his support for passing a bill that provides aid to the country in its war against Russia. She’s also shared false claims about the presence of Nazism in Ukraine,*echoing some of the talking points embraced by Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Buck, who left Congress last month after announcing that he wouldn’t seek another term, used his “Moscow Marjorie” nickname for the Georgia Republican during an interview with CNN’s Erica Hill.
“Well, ‘Moscow Marjorie’ has reached a new low,” Buck said, after Hill showed footage of Russian TV personalities claiming that Greene is “running Congress” and “believes that Americans should help Putin win.”
He added that during the Russian Revolution, “American journalists who were writing glowing reports about Russia at the time” were called ”‘useful idiots,’ and I don’t even think that Marjorie reaches that level of being a ‘useful idiot’ here.”
Buck said that Greene is “mouthing the Russian propaganda” and “really hurting American foreign policy in the process.”
“She’s acting completely irresponsibly,” Buck said. “When history looks at this period of time, Russia invaded Ukraine, Ukraine is fighting for its freedom, and we should be with the freedom fighters in this war.”

Back