GOP strategist who encouraged Ron DeSantis to run calls it quits: 'He's been a very f

signalmankenneth

Verified User
GOP strategist who encouraged Ron DeSantis to run calls it quits: 'He's been a very flawed candidate'

The national campaign director for Reagan was one of DeSantis' staunchest allies in 2022.

He even created a PAC designed to get DeSantis to run for president.

Now, he says DeSantis is a "very flawed candidate" who "clearly doesn't understand the game."

The Republican strategist behind a PAC devoted to getting Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to run for president has split with the group after shifting his stance on the candidate, according to Rolling Stone.

Ed Rollins, who was the national campaign director for former President Ronald Reagan's 1984 presidential campaign, created the "Ready for Ron" political action committee (now known as "Ready to Win") in May 2022 with the express purpose of pushing DeSantis to run for office.

But just over a year later as DeSantis lags far behind former President Donald Trump in Republican primary polls, Rollins no longer thinks DeSantis is best suited to defeat the 45th president.

"I don't think it's the campaign's fault at all; it's his. I think he's been a very flawed candidate. I know some of the people around him, and some of them are good, talented people. But every time he opens his mouth, he has a tendency to — shall we say — think out-loud, and he clearly doesn't understand the game," Rollins told Rolling Stone. "When you get into these culture wars the way that he has, the vast majority of people don't understand what they are.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-strategist-encouraged-ron-desantis-190719242.html

KzUhez.jpg

I called this a year ago, when a lot of conservatives were genuflecting to Desantis and singing praises to him.

He is a short, plump state politician without any charisma and without any coherent ideas other than banning school textbooks and rounding up asylum seekers to fly them all over the country on private chartered jets.

DeSantis has proven that he is about as popular outside of Florida- as a Wet-fart on a crowded elevator!

My thinking? What does this say about the people of Florida that voted for him?

My next thought? Do not go to Florida unless you just want to be surrounded by IDIOTS for some crazy reason! :laugh:

Last edited:
He thought his popularity in Florida would translate nationwide but that's not how it works.

He also is a very poor national candidate and doesn't know how to get his name out there.

He hasn't done many interviews, he isn't focusing on raising money, he isn't running national ads, he just doesn't know how to play the game.

He also is not appealing to people and groups that are not those who are in Florida and has made no effort to do so.

I imagine he will run out of funds in a few months and call it quits just like the majority of them will.

It's Trumps game at this point.

DeSantis being from Florida, and popular in Florida, should tell you all you need to know about his national chances.

Florida has been the State joke of the nation for decades now and rightly so.

DeSantis being from Florida, and popular in Florida, should tell you all you need to know about his national chances.

Florida has been the State joke of the nation for decades now and rightly so.

That's why so many people from blue states are moving there right?

He is still the number 2 guy behind Trump

Yeah but he's so far back that's kind of irrelevant.

When he first announced I thought he would end up as Trumps running mate but Desantis has turned out not to be a very good candidate.

My current guess is Tim Scott who I actually really like a lot.

I also really like Nikki Haley but unfortunately she comes with too much baggage.

She's been way too political over the last couple of years when she should have kept her head down.

I also would look to Trump tapping Kemp for VP because Georgia is going to be a swing state in 2024.

I warned many months ago that Desantis might be another Scott Walker.

It appears you were right.

I thought he would have done a lot better.

He was doing great in Florida but once he hit the national stage he has kind of turned into something of a joke.

Not for any specific reasons but he just isn't resonating with people.

He probably should have just stayed in Florida for another four years, he doesn't have the experience to be president.

It appears you were right.

I thought he would have done a lot better.

He was doing great in Florida but once he hit the national stage he has kind of turned into something of a joke.

Not for any specific reasons but he just isn't resonating with people.

He probably should have just stayed in Florida for another four years, he doesn't have the experience to be president.

Good post....this is what I am doing right now:

Already watched that one.

It's a good view.

+1 2 U!

Americans have been lied to so extensively about Ukraine, and Americans are now so ignorant....largely by choice....that almost no one has any idea what is going on in Ukraine.

Boy are they going to be shocked by how this turns out.

The death rattle of the West I call it.

+1 2 U!

Americans have been lied to so extensively about Ukraine, and Americans are now so ignorant....largely by choice....that almost no one has any idea what is going on in Ukraine.

Boy are they going to be shocked by how this turns out.

The death rattle of the West I call it.

You and me know but not many others, you are correct.

Yeah but he's so far back that's kind of irrelevant.

When he first announced I thought he would end up as Trumps running mate but Desantis has turned out not to be a very good candidate.

My current guess is Tim Scott who I actually really like a lot.

I also really like Nikki Haley but unfortunately she comes with too much baggage.

She's been way too political over the last couple of years when she should have kept her head down.

I also would look to Trump tapping Kemp for VP because Georgia is going to be a swing state in 2024.

Tim Scott screwed himself by agreeing with Harris about black history teaching in Florida that was done by Black Americans

Tim Scott screwed himself by agreeing with Harris about black history teaching in Florida that was done by Black Americans

Never heard of it and if I haven't heard about it then it's not an issue.

Besides that may be a benefit to Trump.

I think that at this point it's going to be either Kemp or Scott as Trumps VP pick although that could change, we are still over a year away.

Back