Got a survey from AFA...

leaningright

Moderate Republican
Staff member
For those of you who don't know, it is the American Family Association. Thought you might like to see how the folks who get their emails voted for McCain's vice presidential pick:

Who should McCain select as his running mate?
Gov. Bobby Jindal [LA] 386
Gov. Sarah Palin [AK] 446
Gov. Haley Barbour [MS] 58
Gov. Tim Pawlenty [MN] 172
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee [AR] 11,557
Sen. Lindsey Graham [SC] 64
Former Gov. Mitt Romney 5,176
Other 1,894

Of course I voted for Huckabee. Of course I know it would ensure that McCain wouldn't win. But then I say, who cares. I don't think he will win anyway (and don't really care) and I could, at least, with a clear conscience, vote for Huckabee. Oh well, just something for you folks to kick around IFW.

For those of you who don't know, it is the American Family Association. Thought you might like to see how the folks who get their emails voted for McCain's vice presidential pick:

Who should McCain select as his running mate?
Gov. Bobby Jindal [LA] 386
Gov. Sarah Palin [AK] 446
Gov. Haley Barbour [MS] 58
Gov. Tim Pawlenty [MN] 172
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee [AR] 11,557
Sen. Lindsey Graham [SC] 64
Former Gov. Mitt Romney 5,176
Other 1,894

Of course I voted for Huckabee. Of course I know it would ensure that McCain wouldn't win. But then I say, who cares. I don't think he will win anyway (and don't really care) and I could, at least, with a clear conscience, vote for Huckabee. Oh well, just something for you folks to kick around IFW.

At least Huckabee is funny.

Gov. Palin is in a bit of hot water for the firing of a trooper which also happened to be her ex-brother in law.

Huckabee is charming

Gov. Palin is in a bit of hot water for the firing of a trooper which also happened to be her ex-brother in law.

Huckabee is charming

Froggie, leaving aside for the moment that they are Republican did you like Ted Stevens and Don Young from the perspective of all the pork they brought home?

Froggie, leaving aside for the moment that they are Republican did you like Ted Stevens and Don Young from the perspective of all the pork they brought home?

No, I was always writing and complaining, remember me!!!!! I would also send him a report of the Porkers. They have both been in office far too long. The "bush" communities love the two guys and that is where they get most of their votes. The famous "bridge to nowhere" was one of these porker projects that stung us.

Stevens is under investigation for not reporting some gifts from VECO, in my opinion he should resign!

No, I was always writing and complaining, remember me!!!!! I would also send him a report of the Porkers. They have both been in office far too long. The "bush" communities love the two guys and that is where they get most of their votes. The famous "bridge to nowhere" was one of these porker projects that stung us.

Stevens is under investigation for not reporting some gifts from VECO, in my opinion he should resign!

Do the people of the state vote for them because they are Republican or because they are the big porkers? I hope they both lose in their primary coming up. Do you think a Democrat or new Republican would bring home any less?

Do the people of the state vote for them because they are Republican or because they are the big porkers? I hope they both lose in their primary coming up. Do you think a Democrat or new Republican would bring home any less?

I believe the days of bringing home the bacon is coming to an end, seniority isn't going to be what it has been in the last thirty years. The Republican gridlock on Congress is over, so Stevens and Young won't make much difference. Stevens warned of that in the Murkowski election year. Our Congress is going to have some big decisions to make in the next four years.

The people vote for them because they bring home the money, but also because they are Republicans. Begich is a very well liked Democrat, there is also another Republican running against Stevens, Dan Cutty, former banker and he is also a big name, so this could be a very interesting election. I think the people of Alaska are tired of the good old boy syndrome, but they always surprise me, Alaska is a very red state, too.

Stevens' commercial has people stating, "without Ted we are toast"
I just can't believe that at all!

Back