government should stay out of the marriage business

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
i advocate that government should stay out of the marriage business and limit itself to civil unions which would be available to two or more consenting adults and would provide the restrictions and benefits now applied to marriages, but would call them civil unions and leave 'marriage' to those organizations that wish to 'marry' people

Isn't this a repeat of your other thread?

[ame="http://www.justplainpolitics.com/showthread.php?t=16335"]let us abolish marriage as a contract with the state - Just Plain Politics![/ame]

seems that there is some confusion, so i tried to be more succinct

Don, I don't think there is any confusion. Some people, like You, Damo, Maineman, and myself, want to fundamentally solve this problem through comprehensive Civil Union legislation. Others (extremists) don't want to solve the problem because the issue is too important politically.

Don, I don't think there is any confusion. Some people, like You, Damo, Maineman, and myself, want to fundamentally solve this problem through comprehensive Civil Union legislation. Others (extremists) don't want to solve the problem because the issue is too important politically.

like i said, power to the bureaucrats and politicians :(

Back