Grand Canyon or Hoover Dam?

I'll only have time to visit one of these places....

Which is better?

I think probably the Grand Canyon.....

CK

definitely the Grand Canyon. while the Hoover Dam is impressive, it pales compared to the GC. Not even close. Especially if you like the outdoors. Taking a day to hike down into the GC and come back up is friggin awesome.

I'm an outdoors person, not so much a wilderness person.

I'm a city boy. Too many trees in one place make me nervous.

LOL... not that many trees in the GC. Now, if you are nervous when around a lot of rock, definitely don't go to the GC.

I guess I shouldn't laugh too much though. I am the opposite of you. I love being out in the middle of nowhere hiking/climbing/biking etc... its the larger cities that make me nervous. To congested. Though I do love visiting Chicago and NYC. I love them... but just for a few days at a time.

I've got a buddy who loves to rock climb, and he's always trying to get me to come out with him. It sounds fun to me in theory, but when it actually gets to the day I always would rather just hang around town than go sweat on a rock.

I've gotten talked into going hunting a few times with some other friends, and that's kinda cool but pretty boring if you're in a stand. I just don't like spending long periods of time in the wilderness for no reason. I'm much more comfortable with asphalt, curbs, and sidewalks.

I've got a buddy who loves to rock climb, and he's always trying to get me to come out with him. It sounds fun to me in theory, but when it actually gets to the day I always would rather just hang around town than go sweat on a rock.

I've gotten talked into going hunting a few times with some other friends, and that's kinda cool but pretty boring if you're in a stand. I just don't like spending long periods of time in the wilderness for no reason. I'm much more comfortable with asphalt, curbs, and sidewalks.

I like to climb on occasion, but definitely more of a hiker/biker. Its simply surreal.

As for hunting, I haven't been for a couple of decades. Never used a stand, as not only is it boring as you mentioned, but its also not as sporting. If I were to take up hunting again, it would be with a bow. Something I wanted to learn, but never did.

I would be lost not having a forest.

Ditto that. Wilderness right behind the house and more public land to hunt/hike/camp on around me than you can shake a stick at. I, like SF, am a little nervous in the city.

to congested. the white noise hum of a city fogs the brain. I can get to 4 cities all in less then 1 hour (w in 30min) but live on 4acres and abut state forest.

Back