Great Moments in Presidential Predictions...

Cypress

-Grind: "It's going to be Romney versus Clinton. Bank on it".

-Cypress: "Grandpa McCain doesn't have a prayer of being the GOP nominee."

-Topspin: "Shaddup Cypress. No way is Obama ready to be the Dem nominee for president.".

-RStringfield: "Money bomb day! Ron Paul is surging! Viva la Ron Paul revolution!"

-Damocles: "I think it'll be a Fred Thompson/Mitt ticket in the end."

-LadyT: "Hugo Chavez 2008!"

(paraphrased, where appropriate)

Last edited:
Well, for my own part, I thought Hillary/Rudy was a done deal.

I have to harken back to Dixie with some gratitude, however. Dixie thought George Allen would be the GOP nominee, and I think there is no doubt he would have been if "macaca" hadn't happened. Beyond that, he would have been very electable, given the usual proclivities of the American voter.

Thank you, macaca incident. Amazing how the smallest things can change the course of history...

Yeah honestly at one point I thought Guliani would be the nominee.

I hoped Romney would, but I always thought Guliani first and McCain second most likely.

Spot on about Allen, btw.

I have to harken back to Dixie with some gratitude, however. Dixie thought George Allen would be the GOP nominee, and I think there is no doubt he would have been if "macaca" hadn't happened. Beyond that, he would have been very electable, given the usual proclivities of the American voter.

Thank you, macaca incident. Amazing how the smallest things can change the course of history...
I was hoping at some time somebody would enter that I liked. I thought Thompson would be it, but he stank. Even from the beginning. Also, finding out that the people who pushed him into the race were the same people who supported Bush took out all wind in those sails...

I hoped Grind was right. I liked Romney.

I was hoping at some time somebody would enter that I liked. I thought Thompson would be it, but he stank. Even from the beginning. Also, finding out that the people who pushed him into the race were the same people who supported Bush took out all wind in those sails...

I hoped Grind was right. I liked Romney.

Romney was a putz. You and Grind were the only 2 people drooling over him.

No doubt. Senator Macaca had that "he'd be cool to have a beer with" thing down to a science. Rubes and rednecks would have driven through a snow storm to vote for him.

Yeah honestly at one point I thought Guliani would be the nominee.

I hoped Romney would, but I always thought Guliani first and McCain second most likely.

Spot on about Allen, btw.

I used to support Guliani.

The more I knew about him, though, the less I liked him. I just thought that he was socially liberal/fiscally conservative, but, in fact, he was really just a fascist.

-RStringfield: "Money bomb day! Ron Paul is surging! Viva la Ron Paul revolution!"
-LadyT: "Hugo Chavez 2008!"

(paraphrased, where appropriate)

I think I was one of those paraphrased, but how is that a prediction. And LadyT really has egg on her face. Chavez probably lost to Pee Wee Herman and Mickey Mouse.

Back