Great show I missed, did anyone see it

This is the kind of reporting all the stations should be doing.

In depth into issues that are so much a part of peoples lives that they can easily understand it.

Because any show that goes into depth about what other countries are doing for health care has got to be a great. PBS also consistantly does a good job.

Damo do you really think this is not the future of our own healthcare?

The free market is not working out on this one. I really wish like hell it would. It doesnt and we are getting sicker as a country and poorer too.

I really do wish the freemarket was the only answer we needed. I wish people were more honest and more humanitarian. I wish they would be satified with a decent profit and a feeling of self respect for having provided a needed service well. I wish all stop signs were made of cherry hard candy and that my trees grew money. I really do. they dont and I dont think that is going to change.

Damo do you really think this is not the future of our own healthcare?

The free market is not working out on this one. I really wish like hell it would. It doesnt and we are getting sicker as a country and poorer too.

I really do wish the freemarket was the only answer we needed. I wish people were more honest and more humanitarian. I wish they would be satified with a decent profit and a feeling of self respect for having provided a needed service well. I wish all stop signs were made of cherry hard candy and that my trees grew money. I really do. they dont and I dont think that is going to change.
I have no idea, I just made a quick quip.

There is no free market when it comes to this. Don't pretend that what we have now is a "free market". The closest thing to a "free market" there is, would be the black market.

As it stands. Things I have proposed:

Slow down, pay attention, look at the problems elsewhere and before we work on a solution use their experience to bring forward a different solution.

Next time I'll use the /joking at the end so I don't have to waste time on this crap.

The reality is, there are problems with healthcare even in places with government sponsored health care. We can use our unique position to come up with something spectacular that addresses those issues, or we can just buy other people's problems because we are fools who rush into something because there is some inane "window of opportunity".

That is actually what I am asking for.

A true look at all the options to benifit our people. To make the US function is as best as possible. Totally free markets dont work. The world has tried it many ways in the past and it never stays free. There just has to be limmitations that force the people who would destroy the benifits of it long term. There is no perfect solution that is free of abuse. We need to come up with the Best possible solution to make a country that is livable.

We have avoided doing that because of the monied interests who fear losing their cash cow. We have to use government to wrestle with these interests into an agreement that allows for care to be given and a reasonable abmount of profit for the providers. I dont pretend to know all the answers but I do know it can be determinded by a lack of fear to truely examine all the options without propaganda getting in the way.

Its time for the adults to take charge and insist that all options be examined and discussed without people saying you cant look at that because its unAmerican to think.

Back