Greenspan Says McCain Tax Cuts Bad Idea

uscitizen

Villified User
By GLEN JOHNSON
AP
posted: 3 HOURS 52 MINUTES AGO

WASHINGTON (Sept. 13) - Alan Greenspan says the country can't afford tax cuts of the magnitude proposed by Republican presidential contender John McCain — at least not without a corresponding reduction in government spending.
"Unless we cut spending, no," the former Federal Reserve chairman said Friday when asked about McCain's proposed tax cuts, pegged in some estimates at $3.3 trillion.

http://news.aol.com/elections/article/greenspan-says-mccain-tax-cuts-bad-idea/121591

Of course I am sure some on here are far greater economic experts than Greenspan :rolleyes:

unless we cut spendin GED.
Which is 1000 times better than the second best idea ya hillbilly moron.

By GLEN JOHNSON
AP
posted: 3 HOURS 52 MINUTES AGO

WASHINGTON (Sept. 13) - Alan Greenspan says the country can't afford tax cuts of the magnitude proposed by Republican presidential contender John McCain — at least not without a corresponding reduction in government spending.
"Unless we cut spending, no," the former Federal Reserve chairman said Friday when asked about McCain's proposed tax cuts, pegged in some estimates at $3.3 trillion.

http://news.aol.com/elections/article/greenspan-says-mccain-tax-cuts-bad-idea/121591

Of course I am sure some on here are far greater economic experts than Greenspan :rolleyes:

He said the same thing about the Bush tax cuts but changed his mind after they swiftboated him.

unless we cut spendin GED.
Which is 1000 times better than the second best idea ya hillbilly moron.

Without a doubt, the second stupidest thing Bush did (after invading Iraq) was to implement his regressive tax cuts while at the same time eliminating paygo. Those were two of the most irresponsible actions by a sitting President in my life time.

I would have tepidly supported the Bush tax cuts if paygo had stayed in place. I'd have whole heartedly supported tax cuts if they had been progressive and paygo had stayed in place. But killing paygo was a deal killer and a trillion dollars of debt later it's pretty obvious I was right.

My decision as to whom I vote in the next election for President is based on two questions.

Will you get us out of Iraq? and
Will you reinstitute Paygo?

Without a doubt, the second stupidest thing Bush did (after invading Iraq) was to implement his regressive tax cuts while at the same time eliminating paygo. Those were two of the most irresponsible actions by a sitting President in my life time.

I would have tepidly supported the Bush tax cuts if paygo had stayed in place. I'd have whole heartedly supported tax cuts if they had been progressive and paygo had stayed in place. But killing paygo was a deal killer and a trillion dollars of debt later it's pretty obvious I was right.

My decision as to whom I vote in the next election for President is based on two questions.

Will you get us out of Iraq? and
Will you reinstitute Paygo?

I am all for both.......getting out of Iraq (with victory) and paygo. I think it was stupid to eliminate it as well. Tax cuts while watching what we spend isn't aren't bad. Eliminate the "watching what we spend" part of the equation and you have........well, what we have now.

Show me one area or country that has low taxes, and I will show you a good economy for the people that live there. I am not paying more taxes---period. After McCain ges in, I am going to incorporate and move to a much more business friendly state. I plan on saving up to 20% with McCain and a relocation. Who's economy is greenspan talking about? Yours? lol

Back