Greetings

Pointgold

Keeps It Simple
I was searching for a messageboard and this was third when I googled 'Political debate forum'.

Looks like a laid-back, okay place.

I am a Conservative Republican.

Pleased to meet you. :)

I was searching for a messageboard and this was third when I googled 'Political debate forum'.

Welcome, Stargazer. As I tell all newcomers we are like a family. We're dysfunctional just enough to make it interesting. :)

welcome to the madhouse

while i am a social progressive, i am also a fiscal conservative - hence my screen name... :) Don Quixote

good luck

Great to have another conservative voice here. Enjoy the kind words you are getting from the pinheads, it might be the last ones you see for a while. They generally like to hurl insults and hate at conservatives, especially when the conservative has refuted their arguments. You will quickly learn who the trolls are, and it's always best to just ignore them. Our forum doesn't ban trolls like a lot of other places, so they tend to congregate here. If you are looking for reasoned intelligent debate, I won't say it doesn't exist here, but you'll have to look hard to find it sometimes. Mostly what we get from the lefties is regurgitation from MSNBC, HuffPo, and DailyKos. We do have a fairly strong Libertarian element, and they can sometimes bring some interesting debate to the table, but until you learn to use the "ignore" feature, it can be frustrating wading through the troll crap.

Anyway, welcome to our dysfunctional board, and good luck!

Well, at least you are not one of those progressive republicans.

By the way, fair warning; The poster known as Dixie is quite insane, in addition to being mentally challenged.

Great to have another conservative voice here. Enjoy the kind words you are getting from the pinheads, it might be the last ones you see for a while. They generally like to hurl insults and hate at conservatives, especially when the conservative has refuted their arguments. You will quickly learn who the trolls are, and it's always best to just ignore them. Our forum doesn't ban trolls like a lot of other places, so they tend to congregate here. If you are looking for reasoned intelligent debate, I won't say it doesn't exist here, but you'll have to look hard to find it sometimes. Mostly what we get from the lefties is regurgitation from MSNBC, HuffPo, and DailyKos. We do have a fairly strong Libertarian element, and they can sometimes bring some interesting debate to the table, but until you learn to use the "ignore" feature, it can be frustrating wading through the troll crap.

Thank you. Good. This didn't appear to be an overmoderated forum (rare) and is what appealed to me.

I'm fairly thick-skinned so I will survive. ;)

Waaah! Waaah! Nothing like a sobbing rant from the rube to welcome another righty....

:rofl2:

Today, 10:48 AM
Bijou
This message is hidden because Bijou is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

Aww, ButtJuice... no need to cry for our new member, there will be plenty of time for that later.

Back