Had Obama's preacher said...

Jarod

Contributor
Had this Jeramiah Wright said something like...

Gays are an abomination and they should be cured of the illness that they have, instead of what he did say...

Would this issue have hurt Obama less than it has?

Clearly not! Thats my point, it is racism that has made this issue to harmfull to Obama, not the fact that he did not leave his pastor after he made the racist comments.

While I understand what you are saying, you do realize that gays are not a "race" right?

It wasn't just racism, it was also anti American statements equating the US to al Qaeda that hurt Obama. However, IMO it is the racism that is most hurtful.

While I understand what you are saying, you do realize that gays are not a "race" right?

It wasn't just racism, it was also anti American statements equating the US to al Qaeda that hurt Obama. However, IMO it is the racism that is most hurtful.

I know gay is not a race. My point is that because Obama had a black father people are using this issue against him more strongly than they would had he had two white parents and that to me is RACISM.

McCain's spiritual advisors have said equally offiesive things and this has barely been mentioned... McCain had two white parents.

Back