Haha - Obama made sure he got it right this time!

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...sses-rumors-head-on-at-pro-israel-conference/

"My great uncle had been a part of the 89th Infantry Division — the first Americans to reach a Nazi concentration camp. They liberated Ohrdruf, part of Buchenwald, on an April day in 1945," Obama said.

I find this comical for some reason.

Who wants to be he did it toss it in the face of the idiots that jumped on him last time?

Many people shorten great uncle to uncle when giving reference and I would bet that 99.5% of the population would make the Auschwitz slip.

Who wants to be he did it toss it in the face of the idiots that jumped on him last time?

Many people shorten great uncle to uncle when giving reference and I would bet that 99.5% of the population would make the Auschwitz slip.

I definitely agree with that.

What a great American story his family has.

I never was allowed to learn what my uncle did in the war.

He never wanted to talk to anyone about it.

He sealed it off and went on with his life.

My mother used to say when he thought no one was watching he limped. He refused to tell anyone anything about what happened. So many used to do that.

What a great American story his family has.

I never was allowed to learn what my uncle did in the war.

He never wanted to talk to anyone about it.

He sealed it off and went on with his life.

My mother used to say when he thought no one was watching he limped. He refused to tell anyone anything about what happened. So many used to do that.

My dad was in vietnam and he never tells any war stories. he'll tell us about different foods or if something happened or if its something relevant to whatever conversation we're having but he never talked about it otherwise.

This reminds me of the Spongebob episode where Patrick was running around saying how he didn't have to accomplish anything in his life because his ancestor was famous...

:D

This reminds me of the Spongebob episode where Patrick was running around saying how he didn't have to accomplish anything in his life because his ancestor was famous...

:D

What exactly do you mean by "This"?

I'll let that one go. I already know how you'll weasel your way out of it.
I wonder if his Great Uncle served with my Grandfather, he was used as a translator as the camps were liberated as he spoke fluent Russian and German along with his English.

I wonder if his Great Uncle served with my Grandfather, he was used as a translator as the camps were liberated as he spoke fluent Russian and German along with his English.

really? that would be interesting.

My dad was in vietnam and he never tells any war stories. he'll tell us about different foods or if something happened or if its something relevant to whatever conversation we're having but he never talked about it otherwise.

My grandfather once told me a story of how everyone in his thirteen man unit died except for him and the commander, and how he and the last guy to die flipped a coin to check this gun, the other guy lost, and the gun blew up and killed the guy while he was checking it.

I tried to steer clear of Korea after that.

Back