Staff member
THE HARVEST MOON
by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
It is the Harvest Moon! On gilded vanes
And roofs of villages, on woodland crests
And their aerial neighborhoods of nests
Deserted, on the curtained window-panes
Of rooms where children sleep, on country lanes
And harvest-fields, its mystic splendor rests!
Gone are the birds that were our summer guests,
With the last sheaves return the laboring wains!
All things are symbols: the external shows
Of Nature have their image in the mind,
As Howers and fruits and falling of the leaves;
The song-birds leave us at the summer's close,
Only the empty nests are left behind,
And pipings of the quail among the sheaves.

UNREAD.

But yeah, Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Went and saw the new 'Ghostbusters' with my granddaughter. EXCELLENT.
Not scary, not that funny, but ... a nice Story with likable characters!

THE HARVEST MOON

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

362778-Animated-Pilgrim-Minion-Thanksgiving-Quote.gif

Happy Thanksgiving to all on JPP, regardless of party, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race, or anything else. Lets all celebrate this wonderful country and the freedoms guaranteed to us all by the constitution.

Happy T-Day Phantasmal, and all!

THE HARVEST MOON

Nice. Thanks.

We're watching the Macy's Day Parade...

I actually saw a commercial I liked.

The Doritos commercial with Jimmy Kimmel. Nice!

To all a happy Thanksgiving

when I have food, help me to remember the hungry. When I have a home, help me to remember those who have no home at all. When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer. And remembering, help me to destroy my complacency, bestir my compassion, and be concerned enough to help, by word and deed, those who cry out for what we take for granted. Amen.

fe8eafcb6a68fa395681772bf53bf6d6.gif

THE HARVEST MOON

Happy Thanksgiving back to you, Phantasmal...and to everyone here.

We all have lots to be thankful for.

when I have food, help me to remember the hungry. When I have a home, help me to remember those who have no home at all. When I am without pain, help me to remember those who suffer. And remembering, help me to destroy my complacency, bestir my compassion, and be concerned enough to help, by word and deed, those who cry out for what we take for granted. Amen.

Awesome post. Well said.

That's beautiful. Thanks so much for posting it.

I am ever so thankful to myself for rising above the nastiness of this forum.

I am so glad I decided to have this super-aggressive Ignore Policy.

I like treating myself well.

It was a conscious decision to stay above the level of attacking people and stick to attacking arguments.

This leaves the mind free of petty personal attacks, and makes it easier to focus on the crux of politics.

Loving it!

(would like to see more people joining this idea)

Maybe instead of shopping in crowds on black Friday, and turning it into a super-spreader event, maybe stay home and watch a Thanksgiving Classic.

Alice's Restaurant is more than a song. It is a full length movie! Complete with Officer Obie, the 27 8x10 color glossy photographs, and the judge with the seeing-eye dog.

And it's on UTube.

Enjoy...

Maybe instead of shopping in crowds on black Friday, and turning it into a super-spreader event, maybe stay home and watch a Thanksgiving Classic.

Alice's Restaurant is more than a song. It is a full length movie! Complete with Officer Obie, the 27 8x10 color glossy photographs, and the judge with the seeing-eye dog.

And it's on UTube.

Enjoy...

I went to see this film in the early 70s, yeh that's right, far out man. I saw it again a few years back and couldn't believe just how dated it had become. I actually learnt that song on the guitar a while back, it's not a bad choice for learning fingerpicked country blues/ragtime style.

PoliBullshitter is obviously still stuck in that era, somebody ought to tell her that Haight-Ashbury was a very long time ago.

Why would a racist black ersatz Jew post that, you might well ask? He's never made any secret about his loathing for Christianity, so why would he celebrate Thanksgiving?

First, I doubt Guno loathes Christian. He seems to like giving all the ersatz Christians shit for their racism and hypocrisy....and so do I.

Second, most cultures have a fertility celebration in the Spring and a harvest celebration in the Fall. In the US and Canada, we call it "Thanksgiving". It's not a religious holiday like Easter.

That said, Guno, unlike you, is an American. An American celebrating an American holiday is normal. What's not normal are foreigners who have never been to America acting like they are Americans.

Hello Dutch Uncle,

First, I doubt Guno loathes Christian. He seems to like giving all the ersatz Christians shit for their racism and hypocrisy....and so do I.

Second, most cultures have a fertility celebration in the Spring and a harvest celebration in the Fall. In the US and Canada, we call it "Thanksgiving". It's not a religious holiday like Easter.

That said, Guno, unlike you, is an American. An American celebrating an American holiday is normal. What's not normal are foreigners who have never been to America acting like they are Americans.

Capitalism has waged a War On Thanksgiving for years, decades even.

Capitalism has been trying to turn Thanksgiving into the beginning of Christmas. It's not even December yet!

I am really surprised BLM has not attempted to co-opt 'Black Friday.' - It's plainly out there for the pickings if they wanted to go there. But no. It's not about blackness at all. It's about business being 'in the black.' It's about the super-rich extending wealth inequality.

Actually, the War On Thanksgiving has already been won and they've broken the Halloween barrier. I've seen Christmas stuff ramping up even before Halloween.

The crux of it is clear. It's not about celebrating any particular religion. It's about selling crap and making lots of money.

I don't think Jesus had this in mind at all.

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Capitalism has waged a War On Thanksgiving for years, decades even.

Capitalism has been trying to turn Thanksgiving into the beginning of Christmas. It's not even December yet!

I am really surprised BLM has not attempted to co-opt 'Black Friday.' - It's plainly out there for the pickings if they wanted to go there. But no. It's not about blackness at all. It's about business being 'in the black.' It's about the super-rich extending wealth inequality.

Actually, the War On Thanksgiving has already been won and they've broken the Halloween barrier. I've seen Christmas stuff ramping up even before Halloween.

The crux of it is clear. It's not about celebrating any particular religion. It's about selling crap and making lots of money.

I don't think Jesus had this in mind at all.

We're a capitalist nation. Like any organisms, organizations evolve and grow toward what makes them profitable.

Back