Harrasing A Hero

Howey

Banned
Gene Rosen, the hero who hid six children during the Sandy Hook shootings, is being harassed by crazy conspiracy theorists. How sad is that?

Scum of the earth dirtbags need to be put away!
A good Samaritan who harbored six terrified survivors of the Sandy Hook massacre has been singled out by conspiracy theorists accusing him of being a liar and an actor.

On the morning of the shooting, Gene Rosen of Newtown, Conn., was feeding his cats when he discovered four terrified children hiding out in his driveway. They told him their teacher was dead, and he listened to their chilling account of the tragedy still going on at the nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School.

In the aftermath, Rosen, 69, was interviewed by many of the media outlets that descended on the small community, and his anguished face flashed across television screens around the world.

The sincerity of that anguish was questioned by a group of conspiracy theorists who call themselves "truthers," Salon reported earlier this month. These truthers have so far posted Rosen's personal information online, created fake social media accounts using his name and harassed him via email and phone.

“I don’t know what to do,” Rosen, a retired psychologist, told Salon in a follow-up interview on Tuesday. “There must be some way to morally shame these people, because there were 20 dead children lying an eighth of a mile from my window all night long. And I sat there with my wife, because they couldn’t take the bodies out that night so the medical examiner could come. And I thought of an expression, that this ‘adds insult to injury,’ but that’s a stupid expression, because this is not an injury, this is an abomination.”

so you're not going to defend their 1st Amendment rights. do you think that they should have any rights?

Harassment, as defined by most state and local laws, is not covered under the 1st Amendment.

It is commonly understood as behaviour intended to disturb or upset, and it is characteristically repetitive. In the legal sense, it is intentional behaviour which is found threatening or disturbing.

like posting names and addresses of gun owners? like following rahms desire to 'shame' gun owners?? yeah, you're a hypocrite.

You can either support action against harassment, or you can oppose it. You can't just pick and choose your stance based on the issue.

And you're in a position to call hazlnut a hypocrite. :rolleyes:

You can either support action against harassment, or you can oppose it. You can't just pick and choose your stance based on the issue.

And you're in a position to call hazlnut a hypocrite. :rolleyes:
gee, i tried to call out the harassment of the editors and was met by '1st Amendment'......so yes, i'm in a position to call hazlnut a hypocrite.

LOL

The sincerity of that anguish was questioned by a group of conspiracy theorists who call themselves "truthers,"

“I don’t know what to do,” Rosen, a retired psychologist, told Salon in a follow-up interview on Tuesday. “There must be some way to morally shame these people, because there were 20 dead children lying an eighth of a mile from my window all night long.

Good luck with that one, 3000 people died on 9/11, yet every liberal whack job thought President Bush coordinated the attack on our own country.

LOL

The sincerity of that anguish was questioned by a group of conspiracy theorists who call themselves "truthers,"

“I don’t know what to do,” Rosen, a retired psychologist, told Salon in a follow-up interview on Tuesday. “There must be some way to morally shame these people, because there were 20 dead children lying an eighth of a mile from my window all night long.

Good luck with that one, 3000 people died on 9/11, yet every liberal whack job thought President Bush coordinated the attack on our own country.

Cite?

Back