Harris campaign walks back Walz bio amid ‘stolen valor’ controversy as questions swirl

Grokmaster

Contributor
The Harris campaign's surrender is duly noted. Tells you all you need to know about Walz.

Harris campaign walks back Walz bio amid ‘stolen valor’ controversy as questions swirl​

The Harris campaign has altered its biography of Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz on its campaign website, making a change to a reference to his military service amid ongoing scrutiny of the 2024 Democratic vice presidential nominee’s military credentials.

Walz’s biography initially said he was a "retired Command Sergeant Major."

It has since been updated to say that he "served as a command sergeant major."

Vice President Kamala Harris announced Walz as her running mate Tuesday, setting off a series of attacks over Walz’s background as Minnesota governor, a lawmaker and a member of the National Guard for nearly 25 years.

When Walz left the Guard, he had achieved the rank of command sergeant major, but he was reduced in rank months after retiring, leaving him as a master sergeant. National Guard officials have said that he retired before fulfilling requirements for the position, including coursework at the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy. The subsequent lower rank was due to benefit requirements and a technicality.

~ "As a Marine who served his country in uniform when the United States Marine Corps, when the United States of America asked me to go to Iraq to serve my country, I did it. I did what they asked me to do, and I did it honorably," he said. "When Tim Walz was asked by his country to go to Iraq, you know what he did? He dropped out of the Army and allowed his unit to go without him, a fact that he's been criticized for aggressively by a lot of the people that he served with."

I am reminded of how the Tech Overlords disappear people but if they get more backlash than they want to deal with we are told that it was a mistake....occasionally an apology comes along for a ride....more often a non apology apology.

Back