Harris makes history as first Black woman, Asian American presidential nominee

Guno צְבִי

We fight, We win
The party votes have been cast: Vice President Kamala Harris is officially the 2024 Democratic presidential nominee — making U.S. history as the first Black woman and first Asian American from a major party to win that designation.

Harris secured the Democratic nomination on Friday afternoon, receiving the majority of votes — at least 2,350 — from her party's delegates, just one day after voting opened. The Democratic National Committee held a livestream video hosted by Biden campaign aides and DNC chairman Jaime Harrison to mark the occasion.

"I am honored to be the presumptive Democratic nominee for President of the United States," Harris said moments after she passed the delegate threshold during a Democratic party-sponsored livestream phone call. "Your dedication cannot be overstated. Your dedication to our country. I know we all feel this way so strongly. We love our country, we believe in the promise of America, and that's what this campaign is about."

The party votes have been cast: Vice President Kamala Harris is officially the 2024 Democratic presidential nominee — making U.S. history as the first Black woman and first Asian American from a major party to win that designation.

Harris secured the Democratic nomination on Friday afternoon, receiving the majority of votes — at least 2,350 — from her party's delegates, just one day after voting opened. The Democratic National Committee held a livestream video hosted by Biden campaign aides and DNC chairman Jaime Harrison to mark the occasion.

"I am honored to be the presumptive Democratic nominee for President of the United States," Harris said moments after she passed the delegate threshold during a Democratic party-sponsored livestream phone call. "Your dedication cannot be overstated. Your dedication to our country. I know we all feel this way so strongly. We love our country, we believe in the promise of America, and that's what this campaign is about."

Guano, is this new information?

Back