Has anybody else noticed how they now only poll registered voters?

http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

If you look. Every poll but Rasmussen's is a poll of RV (Registered Voters)...

If you look at the history below the graphs you can see that this is a recent change. LV (Likely voter) polls were about half of all the polls, but now suddenly they aren't there.

I noticed that the last two polls in Ohio were LV polls.....the result is that Ohio is now a swing state instead of "leaning Obama".....

Thay's just the generalized "Romney v Obama" national polls -i supose it's too complicated to deperate the 2 on a national basis.
Clik on battleground states, and you'll see LV polling.

Some firms do likely voter polling. Other firms to registered voter polling. I think this is just a coincidence that the folks conducting the most recent poll are folks that do registered voter polling.

And anyone polling adults should just be ignored completely.

i've been saying this for years. polls of registered voters are majorly inaccurate and also skew more left. The bottom line is, a poll of registered voters means fuck all, because not everyone in this country that is registered, votes. Obviously a poll of people that are actually intending to vote is far far far more relevant to electoral politics.

also, it's not fishy, it's probably just a matter of laziness. it's likely far more easy to call up people that are registered to vote, than to properly screen for a likely voter. I think if it was just a matter of "hey are you likely to vote this election?" then everyone would be doing it. They probably have some criteria, that they need to follow

Back