Hats off to Longwood MBB hading to the NCAA Tournament for the first time

Celticguy

And the WBB plays tonight for their ticket to their big dance !

Banner year for Longwood basketball in its 17th year in D1 play. And a with a brand spanking new arena scheduled to come online this spring, they are looking good to become a regular favorite in the Big South conference for years to come !

#GoWood

My daughter is a proud alum of LU.

Got to be honest, I'm a big basketball fan and never heard of them. That's awesome though, congrats!

Got to be honest, I'm a big basketball fan and never heard of them. That's awesome though, congrats!

thanks ! Its no wonder they are unfamiliar.

They moved up to D1 17 years ago as an independent and were forced to take away games from anyone who would play them so they were cupcakes always on the road. They joined Big South 5 years ago and struggled making that move.

Then hired Griff Aldrich two years ago. He won 7 his first year, went 500 his 2nd year and won both the regular season (15-1) and now the conference tournament this year.

Hes done a terrific job recruiting and working the transfer portal and has the sort of 14-16 seed you really dont want to draw. Those kids can shoot the ball, rebound like mad and run a very tighly executed motion offense. They may not win but I doubt they lose badly.

And the WBB plays tonight for their ticket to their big dance !

Banner year for Longwood basketball in its 17th year in D1 play. And a with a brand spanking new arena scheduled to come online this spring, they are looking good to become a regular favorite in the Big South conference for years to come !

#GoWood

My daughter is a proud alum of LU.

Saw they are matched up with Tennessee. On one hand Tennessee is looking strong after winning the SEC Championship but you never know, they could be ripe for an upset.

Saw they are matched up with Tennessee. On one hand Tennessee is looking strong after winning the SEC Championship but you never know, they could be ripe for an upset.

Tenn is good, no question. But LU was shooting lights out in the Big South tourney.
if you cant miss shots, you have a chance.

I'm just glad they made it. The coach has done a brilliant job the past two years. Hope they can hold onto him for a while.

Tenn is good, no question. But LU was shooting lights out in the Big South tourney.
if you cant miss shots, you have a chance.

I'm just glad they made it. The coach has done a brilliant job the past two years. Hope they can hold onto him for a while.

Unfortunately weren’t able to give them much of a game but at the end of the day it’s a lifetime memory for the kids to play in the tournament and great for the school.

Back