have democrat reps read the healthcare bill yet?

when they go back to talking to their constituents, will they be able to say that they've read the bill and can explain to those people that they know what they are voting for now?

when they go back to talking to their constituents, will they be able to say that they've read the bill and can explain to those people that they know what they are voting for now?

Why don't we ask the constituents of Senator james Inhofe of Oklahoma what they think about his recent comments? Inhofe stated in a recent interview that he hadn't read the bill, would NOT read the bill, yet was perfectly comfortable voting against it.

Why don't we ask the constituents of Senator james Inhofe of Oklahoma what they think about his recent comments? Inhofe stated in a recent interview that he hadn't read the bill, would NOT read the bill, yet was perfectly comfortable voting against it.

if oklahoma residents don't want healthcare reform at all, they probably won't care. If they were at all intelligent though, they'd vote him out next election.

don't confuse me with the 'lockstep' right wing constituents. I'm a firm believer in holding ones elected reps accountable.

Not sure if you saw this Zap but this is John Conyers from last month saying he see's no point in reading the bill unless you have two days and two lawyers with you.

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/Content/article.aspx?RsrcID=51610&print=on

if oklahoma residents don't want healthcare reform at all, they probably won't care. If they were at all intelligent though, they'd vote him out next election.

don't confuse me with the 'lockstep' right wing constituents. I'm a firm believer in holding ones elected reps accountable.

It would seem that zippy is suggesting that if you haven't read a bill and it comes up for a vote; that you should automatically vote for it,. instead of against it.

I doubt any of the obstructionists have read their own insurance policies.

Conservatives have stormed town hall meetings for weeks now, asking the Rep holding the meeting how they can possibly vote for something if they haven't even read the entire bill.

I'm just asking the same question...how can Sen Inhofe vote AGAINST the bill if he hasn't even bothered to read it?

YES; seeing as how I saw nothing from you suggesting that the vote be held back, until more time had been allowed to read it.

As usual, you see just exactly what you want to see.

As usual, what you choose to see has little to do with the truth...

You are consistent, I'll give you that.

Back