Heart of the Trump Jan. 6 indictment: What’s in Trump’s head

BidenPresident

Verified User
Central to special counsel Jack Smith’s case is the accusation that Trump knew his claims were lies. Evidence of a defendant’s intent is often critical to criminal prosecutions, and it may be the most crucial element of Smith’s case against Trump.

“These claims were false, and the Defendant knew they were false,” the indictment’s first page declares, staking out the boundaries of what will probably be a high-stakes legal battlefield inside Trump’s brain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/02/trump-jan-6-indictment-jack-smith/

Central to special counsel Jack Smith’s case is the accusation that Trump knew his claims were lies. Evidence of a defendant’s intent is often critical to criminal prosecutions, and it may be the most crucial element of Smith’s case against Trump.

“These claims were false, and the Defendant knew they were false,” the indictment’s first page declares, staking out the boundaries of what will probably be a high-stakes legal battlefield inside Trump’s brain.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/08/02/trump-jan-6-indictment-jack-smith/

As I posted in my Alvarez thread the Supreme Court has said it's not illegal for a politician to lie.

If this is the central part of Smith's case he's already lost it.

Which it is and which he will.

Trump Prepares to Make Familiar Trip to Courthouse, This Time in Washington

Former President Donald J. Trump is expected to appear at 4 p.m. on Thursday in the U.S. federal courthouse at the foot of Capitol Hill, the site of a yearslong government effort to hold accountable those who tried to subvert democracy.

Mr. Trump’s appearance before Moxila A. Upadhyaya, a federal magistrate judge, comes about six weeks after his arraignment in Miami on charges of mishandling government documents after he left the White House and seeking to block investigators.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/02/us/politics/trump-courthouse-election.html

F2nUQ4Ra8AAYijd

As I posted in my Alvarez thread the Supreme Court has said it's not illegal for a politician to lie.

If this is the central part of Smith's case he's already lost it.

Which it is and which he will.

You can forget that type of defense, because Smith pre-emted that defense, by admitting in the Indictment, that is is not against the law to lie.

So Trump is not being indicted for what he said, BUT RATHER THE ACTIONS HE TOOK!

The Actions TRUMP took were Federal CRIMES!

So, you better advise Trump, HE NEEDS TO DEFEND HIMSELF ON THE ACTIONS HE TOOK!

You actually need to read the Indictment so that you don't continually embarrass yourself with these kind of asinine comments.

You can forget that type of defense, because Smith pre-emted that defense, by admitting in the Indictment, that is is not against the law to lie.

So Trump is not being indicted for what he said, BUT RATHER THE ACTIONS HE TOOK!

The Actions TRUMP took were Federal CRIMES!

So, you better advise Trump, HE NEEDS TO DEFEND HIMSELF ON THE ACTIONS HE TOOK!

What actions did he take?

Notice how right wingers think being stupid is an excuse.

Yep, using their logic, Bank Robbers can now use the excuse- "I didn't know any better., as I never realized that robbing a bank was against the law"!

I am going to go ahead and get my license to practice law, because now even a 5th grader can become a defense lawyer! :laugh:

Yep, using their logic, Bank Robbers can now use the excuse- "I didn't know any better., as I never realized that robbing a bank was against the law"!

I am going to go ahead and get my license to practice law, because now even a 5th grader can become a defense lawyer! :laugh:

Steve Martin: "I forgot that murder is illegal!"

Back