hedonism

Don Quixote

cancer survivor
Contributor
hedonism may be the way to go in the face of the uncaring universes

most people are scared of the thought that the universes (god) just do not care so they pretend that they have some control over their lives

recent times have proved to the masses that they do not have any real control over their lives

teenagers typically think that they are made out of steel and bullet proof

after a while reality sets in and they learn better

oh well

Hedonism is what got us into this mess. People want what they want and they want it now.

People want a new car, big house and the latest cellphone gadget.

Can't buy it? Don't worry, put it on a credit card and pay the minimum balance for years.

Maxed out your card? Get another one, you deserve all this new stuff.

hedonism may be the way to go in the face of the uncaring universes

most people are scared of the thought that the universes (god) just do not care so they pretend that they have some control over their lives

recent times have proved to the masses that they do not have any real control over their lives

teenagers typically think that they are made out of steel and bullet proof

after a while reality sets in and they learn better

oh well

The universe doesn't care, but our survival is enhanced by behaviors and attitudes which facilitate mutually cooperative and beneficial relationships.

And hedonism destroys the liver, mind and character, and who knows what else.

Last edited:
Hedonism is what got us into this mess. People want what they want and they want it now.

People want a new car, big house and the latest cellphone gadget.

Can't buy it? Don't worry, put it on a credit card and pay the minimum balance for years.

Maxed out your card? Get another one, you deserve all this new stuff.
That's a bum rap. Hedonism has nothing to do with that. Personal responsibility does. I have one hell of a hedonistic streak in me and I live well with in my means. No credit card debt here and I live in a house (condo actually) that's quite nice but well below what I can afford.

I set a nice table and I drink good wine and I enjoy life in general.....if only my job didn't suck! LOL

That's a bum rap. Hedonism has nothing to do with that. Personal responsibility does. I have one hell of a hedonistic streak in me and I live well with in my means. No credit card debt here and I live in a house (condo actually) that's quite nice but well below what I can afford.

I set a nice table and I drink good wine and I enjoy life in general.....if only my job didn't suck! LOL

I am not saying that all who enjoy nice things are hedonists. Hedonists live for the pleasures.

I am carrying no credit card debt, no car payment and live well within my means.

But there is a huge number of people out there who do not do what we do. I applaud your lifestyle.

Back