Here is the endorsement that REALLY MATTERS for Obama

Socrtease

Verified User
Obama raises record $150 million in September

DUNN, North Carolina (CNN) -- Barack Obama's campaign announced Sunday the Democratic presidential candidate raised $150 million in donations in September, setting a new high-water mark in campaign fundraising.

In a campaign video, Obama campaign manager David Plouffe said a record 632,000 new donors gave to the campaign, with the average contribution under $100. More than 3 million donors have given so far.

The Obama campaign raised $65 million in August.

Regardless of the stunning haul, Plouffe told supporters the campaign still needed more money because of "the slime that we're getting from the McCain campaign." Plouffe cited recent attack ads and automated phone calls in battleground states and said the campaign needed to have every resource to "fight back."

"Their campaign is going to descend even more into the gutter," he said.

Plouffe also said the campaign was expanding its reach to compete "aggressively" in West Virginia

Tightening polls in Georgia and North Dakota meant more money and resources could be sent to those two states in the remaining days, he said.

"We can't afford to make any cuts. We have to execute everything we think is required to win," Plouffe said of their battleground strategy. "None of us can look back on the night of November 4 or the morning of November 5 and wished we had done something extra."

The McCain campaign accepted $85 million in federal matching funds for the last two months of the campaign.

The Obama campaign opted out of the matching funds program and is free to raise and spend as much money as it can

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/19/obama.fundraising/index.html

Funny. Next week Obama is going to beat the previous record for advertising spending (held by the Bush 2004 campaign currently).

He already got his public funds. Maybe he'll try to get a second stimulus package for his campaign.

What every happened with McCain whining and trying to get out of his matching funds thing ? It appears that he did not get out of it in spite of all the hot air about it at the time.

I guess everyone forgot all about that.

Palin is good comic relief for all of this crap.

What every happened with McCain whining and trying to get out of his matching funds thing ? It appears that he did not get out of it in spite of all the hot air about it at the time.

I guess everyone forgot all about that.

Palin is good comic relief for all of this crap.

That was for the primaries. It would have limited his spending until he officially got the nomination but he weaseled his way out of it. He was always taking the public funds for the general election campaign.

Ohh OK. If Obama has money left can he help out Hillary with her campaign debts ?

I have no idea if they can do that or not...

like i said, bo is scary

he is just too organized

gaia help us,a strong dem president and majority in congress:eek:

Back