Here’s How Trump Will Try To Avoid Jail

signalmankenneth

Verified User
THE KEY DATE TO KEEP IN MIND is January 20, 2025. Trump’s main legal defense will be to stall the start of any trial until after that date.

He’ll argue that it is impossible for him to get a fair trial as the leading Republican candidate for president.

If U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan rejects Trump’s motion to delay, his lawyers will appeal her decision to the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. If the D.C. Court of Appeals rejects the motion, he’ll appeal to the Supreme Court.

Given the makeup of the current Supreme Court, a majority of the justices are likely to go along with Trump’s argument and stay the commencement of the case until the next president is sworn in. (They will not recuse themselves.)

If the trial nonetheless commences before January 20, 2025, Trump will try to slow it down with procedural motions, which, if denied by Judge Chutkan, will then be appealed all the way to the Supreme Court.

The point of both strategies will be to enable Trump to center his 2024 campaign on his alleged persecution by the “Deep State.”

As he wrote to his supporters on Tuesday night, “If these illegal persecutions succeed, if they’re allowed to set fire to the law, then it will not stop with me. Their grip will close even tighter around YOU. It’s not just my freedom on the line, but yours as well — and I will NEVER let them take it from you.”

If he wins the election, he’ll be able to end the case with either a pliable new attorney general or a self-pardon. (In the unlikely event that one of his rivals for the GOP nomination is elected, they — including Ron DeSantis — have already promised to pardon him.)

If Trump loses the election, he’ll have put Joe Biden under enormous pressure to pardon him, in order to “heal” the nation. Anyone remember Gerald Ford?

Again, this strategy strikes me as the most likely one Trump will follow. I don’t believe it will succeed.
What do you think?

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/robert-reich/107197/here-s-how-trump-will-try-to-avoid-jail

trump-indicted-for-jan6.png

Read the Indictments! Too much to have to list!

I did read them? What do you think he's guilty of? (He is guilty of being more than likely the one to replace Biden in 2024...if Joe runs that is... I don't think he will be getting
the nod... )

THE KEY DATE TO KEEP IN MIND is January 20, 2025. Trump’s main legal defense will be to stall the start of any trial until after that date.

He’ll argue that it is impossible for him to get a fair trial as the leading Republican candidate for president.

If U.S. District Court Judge Tanya Chutkan rejects Trump’s motion to delay, his lawyers will appeal her decision to the District of Columbia Court of Appeals. If the D.C. Court of Appeals rejects the motion, he’ll appeal to the Supreme Court.

Given the makeup of the current Supreme Court, a majority of the justices are likely to go along with Trump’s argument and stay the commencement of the case until the next president is sworn in. (They will not recuse themselves.)

If the trial nonetheless commences before January 20, 2025, Trump will try to slow it down with procedural motions, which, if denied by Judge Chutkan, will then be appealed all the way to the Supreme Court.

The point of both strategies will be to enable Trump to center his 2024 campaign on his alleged persecution by the “Deep State.”

As he wrote to his supporters on Tuesday night, “If these illegal persecutions succeed, if they’re allowed to set fire to the law, then it will not stop with me. Their grip will close even tighter around YOU. It’s not just my freedom on the line, but yours as well — and I will NEVER let them take it from you.”

If he wins the election, he’ll be able to end the case with either a pliable new attorney general or a self-pardon. (In the unlikely event that one of his rivals for the GOP nomination is elected, they — including Ron DeSantis — have already promised to pardon him.)

If Trump loses the election, he’ll have put Joe Biden under enormous pressure to pardon him, in order to “heal” the nation. Anyone remember Gerald Ford?

Again, this strategy strikes me as the most likely one Trump will follow. I don’t believe it will succeed.
What do you think?

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/robert-reich/107197/here-s-how-trump-will-try-to-avoid-jail

trump-indicted-for-jan6.png

I think accepting a pardon would end his viability as a political leader.

I did read them? What do you think he's guilty of? (He is guilty of being more than likely the one to replace Biden in 2024...if Joe runs that is... I don't think he will be getting
the nod... )

I think he is guilty of everything Jack Smith has evidence of!

Biden has already replaced Donald Trump, and in large numbers!

And this was before Trump was arrested 3 times for committing felonies trying to keep himself in power.

There are no decent people with morals going to vote for Donald Trump!

Only Unscrupulous Morons will be voting for Trump!

the nod... )

I don't think the primary voters will support Kennedy. That only leaves Biden. The party has no power to block or replace him.

I don't think the primary voters will support Kennedy. That only leaves Biden. The party has no power to block or replace him.

Sure they do... I don't think they can support him... especially not with Kamala...

I think he is guilty of everything Jack Smith has evidence of!

Biden has already replaced Donald Trump, and in large numbers!

And this was before Trump was arrested 3 times for committing felonies trying to keep himself in power.

There are no decent people with morals going to vote for Donald Trump!

Only Unscrupulous Morons will be voting for Trump!
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree... in the past I only voted for President Trump because I was a never Hillary never Biden person... but I'm telling you and you guys are changing my mind when it comes to supporting him for 2024... I really do you like Governor DeSantis but that's going to take a couple more years...

Sure they do... I don't think they can support him... especially not with Kamala...

How? If Biden receives a majority of delegates from the individual state primaries the party has no power to alter that. Party power is too decentralized.

How? If Biden receives a majority of delegates from the individual state primaries the party has no power to alter that. Party power is too decentralized.
I think he will step aside....But if he chooses to run, the delegates from the individual states may not give him the majority...and by doing so the party will choose to replace him or prevent him from running again...and that's what I was referring to...but I see your point...
(You realize they're already talking a new ticket, which wouldn't be any better than Joe/K, but....)
It's going to be interesting and history making, for sure...

I think he will step aside....But if he chooses to run, the delegates from the individual states may not give him the majority...and by doing so the party will choose to replace him or prevent him from running again...and that's what I was referring to...but I see your point...
(You realize they're already talking a new ticket, which wouldn't be any better than Joe/K, but....)
It's going to be interesting and history making, for sure...

If no candidate receives a majority of delegates the convention keeps voting until there is a winner--like they used to do in the old days (with a lot of bargaining and deals between votes).

If no candidate receives a majority of delegates the convention keeps voting until there is a winner--like they used to do in the old days (with a lot of bargaining and deals between votes).
I think Joe will step aside...But if not, I don't think he'll be the chosen one...He can't be trusted, he's too old, and Kamala....

I think Joe will step aside...But if not, I don't think he'll be the chosen one...He can't be trusted, he's too old, and Kamala....

I think if he was going to step aside he would have done so by now. The most boring thing usually occurs although many predict something more exciting to stir interest.

I think if he was going to step aside he would have done so by now. The most boring thing usually occurs although many predict something more exciting to stir interest.
I don't think he wants to step down, but now he may have to...(They'll come up with a good reason...probably that he wants to spend more quality time with the family and pets....he knows it's time to go....)

Back